Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One killed, one injured in Palomar Mountain motorcycle accident

By: North County Times -

PALOMAR MOUNTAIN ---- A man was killed and a woman was seriously injured in an accident involving two motorcycles on Palomar Mountain Sunday, authorities said.

The accident was reported just before 11:40 a.m. on South Grade Road, just south of East Grade Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The man was traveling downhill and incorrectly negotiated a curve, sending him the road and into the path of the woman's motorcycle, which was headed in the opposite direction, CHP Sgt. Tom Greenstone said.

It was unclear if the two vehicles collided, Greenstone said.

The woman was airlifted to a local hospital with major injuries, CHP reported.

South Grade Road at East Grade was also shut down around noon, with traffic diverted to East Grade, CHP reported.
http://nctimes.com/articles/2006/09/17/news/breaking/91706155739.txt

Another reason why I choose not to ride the twisties...sometimes, it's not you but the other riders who can ruin your day or your life.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Palomar Mtn Claims a life.

Sad to say that Palomar Mountain claimed a life today. Rest in peace rider.

Slaps and I went up just after 2:30 today and learned of the accident. Rider was going down the hill and crossed the Double Yellow and hit a rider coming up the hill. The guy going down the hill broke his neck hitting the guard rail. The girl going up the hill was taken out by life flight with serious injuries. Hope that she recovers. Sad story of what can happen.

While at the top a suv with a trailer came to pick up a bike owned by a friend of the fallen rider. I don't think I would be able to ride home after loosing a friend either.

Sad topic to be posting up. Not something any of us really want to think about.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
read this on hypercycles

Sally is home and recovering... I don't want to get into specifics, (don't feel it's my place) but was one of the first on scene as well. Have been in touch with both her mother and Ben, her husband.

The other rider, Godspeed to you. It is purely assumption to say that he was at fault, nobody but Sally knows for sure and she is having a hard time remembering any of it right now. But it does appear to be his fault. Unfortunately he is leaving two young kids behind. He was a marine stationed at Pendelton, has served 2 tours in Iraq and passed at the young age of 26. Please, everyone say a prayer for this young man and his family. He deserves it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
RIP and a speedy recovery to her.

A prayer has been said.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
dozadj said:
Fuk anyone know what unit he was with???????????????????
know anyone with a black 1000rr?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
wes600rr said:
That makes it even worse. Two tours in harms way, and a family at home. Best wishes to the families.
More Marines are injured or killed off duty than in war. Unfortunately motorcycles happens to be one of our leading causes of injury and death :/

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
this is really gonna help my special request go through for my track day this weekend :/

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
usmcr6 said:
this is really gonna help my special request go through for my track day this weekend :/
Just re assure them that your track day isn't on Palomar and that it is in a controlled environment. I wouldn't be suprised if the military starts banning us from driving motorcycles.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Nemesis said:
http://nctimes.com/articles/2006/09/17/news/breaking/91706155739.txt

Another reason why I choose not to ride the twisties...sometimes, it's not you but the other riders who can ruin your day or your life.
You don't ride the twisties? Your bike is made for twisties. I hope you track your bike or something of that sort. Tell me that you are not saying you only like driving straight lines! =-/

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
dozadj said:
Just re assure them that your track day isn't on Palomar and that it is in a controlled environment. I wouldn't be suprised if the military starts banning us from driving motorcycles.
My SgtMaj rides a harley...he's been on palomar...lives in Temecula. He told me he knows the track is safer, but unfortunately everyone in the chain between myself and the SgtMaj see it as an incredibly dangerous extreem sport and I'm gonna die or get seriously injured...even after reading about the controls in my ORM letter. fookin ghey.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
James06CBR said:
You don't ride the twisties? Your bike is made for twisties. I hope you track your bike or something of that sort. Tell me that you are not saying you only like driving straight lines! =-/
Made for the twisties?....haha

Man, don't make me open a can of [email protected]$$ on your comments...haha

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
James06CBR said:
First of all, the bike is meant for a track. Second you don't drive a bike you ride on a bike. Third don't thread jack. RIP to the fallen Rider/Marine/Husband/Father and hope that the innocent victim get well soon and fully recover.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts