Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danny (Bravo1) crashed this past Sunday in a highside on highway 20 just past Lake Diablo on the way to Winthrop. (Here in WA)

First off, he's okay. A concussion and some scrapes/bruises. His riding buddies and helpful citizens came to his aid and made sure he was taken care of. His gear saved his @SS.

Pictures: http://www.urbuggin.com/crash/

Right side looks perfect....

Naturally, the bike is totalled, due to frame damage. Danny is already making plans to pick up an '04 Black/Silver 600RR when his insurance check comes in.

I wish Danny a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
That frame slider didn't look like it held up to well. Damn. He or his bike must have hit Hard. Get better and get back to riding. Once it's in your blood your done for. Get better bro!

·
Registered
990 Posts
sucks bro

get better soon!

remember to pull that targa cowl off before the adjustor comes and takes that bike away or whatever!

and cash that check in and partaaaaaaaay!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks for the get well wishes everyone.

I highsided my bike on Highway 20, aka The North Cascade Highway in WA, on Sunday while riding with some buddies around 11:30am

I was making a sweeping left turn but my rear tire slid out and went into the gravel on the side of the road. When it came back in contact with the road, it didn't catch properly and I was thrown from the bike. I landed face first into the ground and tumbled for about 30 feet. I blacked out for about 5 minutes and when I woke up, there were people telling me not to move and that paramedics were on the way.

Luckily, my gear took the brunt of the impact and I was able to walk away with only minor scratches and a mild concussion. The next morning, I had one helluva headache after 12 hours of sleep. Very lucky that I was thrown into my lane of traffic and not into oncoming traffic. And especially not into the rock wall!

What did I learn from this? ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!

It could save your life!

Here's a pic of my helmet that took most of the impact.

·
Registered
98 Posts
glad to hear you're ok!

just have to say 3 things

1. that yoyodyne totaly ripped off

2. I never thought I'd hear someone say an HJC saved their life.

3. those people are nice to stick around for you.

H

·
0 Posts
I am glad you are ok brother...

...and frame sliders are not going to be that helpfull with a highside.....sliders will help with lowsides and if the bike is knocked over.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thats some scary **** man, glad you are ok.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad to see you are still here and able to ride again. Sorry to hear about this unfortunate accident but as a reminder to all of us, always expect the unexpected.
Happy to see you wanting to hop back on the steel horse with the light saddle and ride.

C

·
0 Posts
Sorry about the accident, but glad you are ok. Those are nice looking roads, but you can just see the gravel waiting for a mistake.

I knew I should've just spent the extra money for the intuitives. Damn yoyo's just break everytime.

·
Registered
391 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
THe thing that's scarey about helmets is the damage that you can't see. The inside compact and you can't tell because the shell pops back into place.
Always retire a helmet after a get-off, even if it looks perfect.

Bravo,

Really glad to hear you came though okay. It looked bad. You're lucky. +1 on always wearing your gear. Heal up quick, get back out there, and ride and smile.

C

·
0 Posts
What gear were you [was he] wearing? Looks like a helmet, jacket, and jeans.

·
Registered
353 Posts
GLAD YOU ARE OK, how did that tourmaster textile hold up?

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
glad to hear you are ok....

man it looks beautiful out there!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts