Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Whatzup? I just bought today my 2006 cbr 600rr at the dealership here in carson city-nv (i'm from tahoe).

The bike is ******* amazing.. kind of sux that I can't pass 90mp/h (8krpm @ 6th gear).. but is still a lot of fun!

Well, I have some questions.. do u guys know some more specs on the bike? bc I can't find.. like the engine horsepower, the 0-60mph, 0-100, top speed, 1/4 mile..

If u guys can help me I'll appreciatte! Thanks!
ps: here're the pics frmo the bike:

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
congrats on the new bike, is this your first bike? got gear yet?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ummm, If you aint got gear PLEASE get it, it ca save your life.

Most 600RR's Put out 100-103 Whell Horsepower at the DYnos, But most do about 100-101 Stock, here in FLorida at Sea Level.

RR's can generally run 11's and Mid 10's with the right rider on board.

I am not sure of 0-60 or 0-100 times.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Honda.com and follow it to your bikes page. It has specs on it. As for track times you can either record your own or check out Motorcyclist magazine. They usually have a spec section at the end that shows performance numbers.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Welcome aborad , congrtas on the RR you get the real HONDA ( RED & BLACK)
and like the guys said GET SOME GEAR asap

·
Registered
801 Posts
congrats on your new bike....enjoy it and ride safe!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice bike, Nice G35 also! As you can already tell, gear is necessary for respect on this board :) Also I recommend getting rid of those disgusting turnsignals.. Look into some nice flushmounts.. Beautiful bike agian!
peace
Shade-

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Nice rides you have there.
HP 105
0-60 3.39
1/4 mile anywhere from 10.49-10.87
great gas mileage 41mpg
top gear roll on 3.8
Got these out a mag

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys, thank very much!
So, the hp is 105 huh? how come the yamaha got 130 in the r6?? thats 25hp more, in a 600cc is a lot!
well, my friend got a r6 and I got the 600rr, cuz I always loved the 600rr and is a dream since I was a child!
I don't have the full gear yet, but I'm going to buy for sure! I have helmet, off course. now getting jacket and gloves...

btw, the car is not a g35, is a 350z and is not mine, is from my best friend that went to pick up the bike with me.. .this Z is pretty sick, but guess what? just playing around, changing gears at 8k rpm and not using the full throttle, the Z has already no chance.. lol.

ahn, and this is my first sport bike.. I'm being very careful, I don't want to die, I want to enjoy it, A LOT :)

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
The 105 is rear wheels HP. The 130 on the R6 is not. The R6 makes its peak power around 14,500 RPM. Sounds like you kinda like straight line racing a bit and the R6 is the only 11 sec bike with the rest running 10's. It was a 11.01 but ohh well. The R6 is has really weak midrange and thats where the Honda shines. Don't get me wrong but the R6 would be my second choice of the Japanese bike. Triump 675 would be my next real choice.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you think a 600CC Engine from the factory will put out 130, guy you need some classes on motorcycling and quit listening to squids...R6 is ****, always has been always will.

Honda doesn't Claim 17,500 RPM,,,,,,They just win

(I know I Stole that from someones avatar)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most magazines peg the R6 at about 109 horsepower, though at a Dyno here, a stock one put down 104.7. My 05 600rr put down 101.4 on the same dyno, so there is a difference of 3.3 horsepower.

Also, with all the supposed high RPM ability of the new R6, his peak power came in at 14200, the same as mine. However below 9500 RPM I had more power, as well as 8 lbs more a 7000 (10 more HP as well). The power is a total washout because in roll on's we are dead even until about 100 when he gets a small lead (he weighs 40 lbs less).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts