Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a 1 piece and i love it. some people say that you could have problems trying to use the rest room with it on, but i've never had a problem. some say that you can wear just the jacket of a 2-piece, but the jacket will be short and look a bit goofy by itself if it was bought to actually fit you. I tried on 2-pieces, but the part in the middle where they connected got annoying when in a riding position.

I vote for the one piece.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do you already have a jacket that you wear on a daily basis? If you do, then there is no point in buying another one. if you can find a 2-piece that actually fits you, buy a set, it would fit together perfectly. sometimes pants of one size don't zip perfectly to jackets of another size, even if they are from the same company.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have both.

The good this about a 1-piece is it makes you wear the whole thing.

I like my 2-piece because it has alot more perforation (Speedmaster pants and Blaster 2.0 jacket)

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Don't run a textile at the track...go with a 2 piece suit, and buy the pieces together...I'd go with A Stars...I have the Venom 2 piece and I love it...also, if you're going 2 piece try to find a full circumference zipper...saything that...if you're just going to wear the suit at the track...and that you already have a textile...get a 1 piece...since chances are that you won't wear the leather jacket in the street (cuz it's gunna be fuuugin' HOT in TX) And any time you wanna ride twisties you can just wear your 1 piece.

That might have been kind of confusing...I might have confused myself...

So...think about this...how much and when are you going to wear the suit? ARe you planning on wearing the leather suit when you're not wearing the pants? Or are you just going to wear them together...if you're just going to wear them together then go with a 1 piece...if you plan on wearing the jacket around town when you're not wearing the pants, then go with a 2 piece...

And what I said above above still stands...buy a matching set either way you go.

·
Registered
595 Posts
make sure that it is full circumference zippers that connect to the pants...some trackdays don't allow anything less.

whatever you buy, make sure it fits snug and try to buy a perforated suit. It makes a difference.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Oh, and don't worry so much about ventilation...I was running BIR in my suit and it was pretty fuggin' hot out...inside the track I think it got over 100...but while you're moving the heat goes away (for the most part) and most jackets have mesh on the side going from your armpit down to your waist, and then along the inside of your arms...your crotch area is also mesh and on the inside of your legs for better fit and ventilation.

Again...A Stars is my prefered brand...I've never bought anything I haven't loved from them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My alpinstars GPU 1 piece was dirt cheap, i got it from MRI. the black one comes perfed and if you are out at the track in the heat, spray your underamour down with cool water so when you ride, it is like an air conditioner in your suit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot Meddiepie...I appreciate the info, I'm leaning toward a 1 piece since I will most likely be wearing the pants whenever I'm wearing the jacket. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a leather jacket to wear when it gets "cold" down here

·
Registered
595 Posts
unless the jacket has a liner, you will be cold anyway, especially if you get it perfed. My teknic chicane is perfed and i ended up wearing a fleece pullover ontop of my jacket and i was still freezing. i had a tshirt and long johns under the jacket too. i'm talking southern california winters here, nothing extreme. but i gave away my textile jacket because i felt safer in leather.

Buy the suit that best fits you, and has all the features that you are looking for. IF cost is a problem, i recommend the GPU, if cost isn't a problem, then i recommend custom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts