Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to jump my bike to get a code. The red mil light stays and the FI light comes on once in awhile and the bike loses power. My question is, do dealership usually charge to help check for codes? I know I should call to check, but the dealership was closed today and closed tomorrow for thanksgiving. Thanks

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
put the kickstand down while the FI light is on and the bike is running.
the light will start to blink a code, post the flash sequence and i, or someone else w/ a service manual, can tell u what the fault code is.

and yes, dealers charge an armload for diagnostic work.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying to do that after I read the "trouble code" post. Does this only work for the 07+ because I have a 03? I tried putting the kick stand down while the bike is running and it doesn't blink.

G

·
It works for all years. If it doesn't blink when idling on the stand, 10 bucks says you have a loose connection somewhere and you lose power when riding. Check the battery terminals.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It works for all years. If it doesn't blink when idling on the stand, 10 bucks says you have a loose connection somewhere and you lose power when riding. Check the battery terminals.
if it is a loose power connection somewhere, wouldnt that generate a code in itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.