Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i posted in the East Coast section about a dyno shootout for Kidney research. Four classes: Cruiser, Up to 650, up to 900, Unlimited.

It was almost 90 degrees out and they were doing actual horsepower, so no correction. I knew my numbers would suck so I had no intention of running my bike. So my buddy Greg and I hung out and ate. It got near the cut off and another friend walked over and told me to enter my bike. His reason, the guy leading was talking $hit all day and it was starting to piss people off.

So, I checked the board. A 03 GSXr 600 was leading with 93.6hp. I asked around to see how low %-wise the dyno was reading. I was told about 10%. Figure I should get 105 on a good day minus 10%, I should win by a hp or two.

I paid $20 and my bike was thown up on the dyno.... About 13000 rpms the dyno operator gave a thumbs up, I had already beaten the days record. As the bike revved up to 15000 people faces were priceless. The Leo was giving out a scream that was significantly louder than anything else on the dyno that morning.

All said and done, the bike laid down 102.2 hp in the worst of conditions. No one was willing to believe it was all power commander and a Leo S/O. When the guy that finished second came up to me, he was asking every question in the world. All I said was - "She's all go, no show, how much HP did your chrome get you?" He walked away.

Anyhow, good time was had by all. THe top HP was an 04 GSXr 1000. Doug's bike laid down 177hp. Yeah, he tried the "it's just a slip on and powercommander" thing too, but you could see the nitrous bottle.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
damn Mike! nice run... what'd ya win?

ok wtf just happened in the GP race????????????????????????? faaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mean to belittle your braggin, but did you read the post or just the HP number?
Actuall HP in 90+ degree weather. The same bike in 60 degree weather is about 115.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
yeah...
66RRJOE, there's way too many variables to compare what you've got for dyno numbers versus what was posted above. gotta back up hondaf4iguy on this one.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
66RRJOE said:
what variables? i was at 3000 ft above sea level and it was 95 degrees that about all the variables i can think of, im not trying to start a pissing contest here.
hondaf4iguy said:
I asked around to see how low %-wise the dyno was reading. I was told about 10%.
No two dyno's will read exactly the same, the only way to compare is to run on the same dyno back to back.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
wolfpac52 said:
You've obviously tinkered with the flux capacitor, and that's the only reason you beat the Gix :)
Where is the flux capacitor? I was told it was a good easy mod, but I can't find it on my bike;):laughing1

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
lol...

this is a great story. I can't stand it when people are so full of themselves, there's too many of these guys around. What a great line you layed down on the guy though... haha

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i don't think anyone is trying to start anything - i'm not. i'm just saying that elevation and temp aren't the only variables. bike temp, humidity, dyno machine used, etc. are all variables that are gonna change numbers...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
welp had my rr dyno tuned out on a boat, as close to sea level as possible. State of the art NASA dyno. We ran three tests, hprw = 130 with only a 2bros slip on and K&N air filter. I do believe the polished lips added about 1/10 a horse.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
The thing about a dyno shootout is is... the only numbers that count are what happened that day, on that dyno, with those bikes there. Everything else is speculation.

Nice win Mike.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
66RRJOE,
You have already contradicted yourself. I clearly said actual HP and then you said your dyno was actual HP, but in your posted DYNO it clearly says SAE HP.

SAE is corrected HP, not actual. If conditions are bad, which you admitted, the computer adds what it believe to be the amount of HP your bike would have laid down under ideal conditions.

Actual HP is what the bike put out that day at that time. Go ask the dyno operator (if they saved you run) to change it back to actual HP. It takes 1 minute of their time. Then see what you numbers are.

It means nothing really, but do it just to see the difference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts