Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One step closer to getting a bike! I'm at the MSC on lunch break. Once we get back we're going to go do all the basics, get the feel for the bike, etc. Then tomorrow do all the riding and maneuvers. Hopefully with my dirtbiking experience I can do well.

Then, I leave for the military next Tuesday. So now time to start saving money.
I'm excited, about to start my life. Ahhh.

UPDATED - Completed! Scored a 90% on the written and got 0 mistakes on the riding part. Dirtbike skills definitely came handy haha.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The dirtbike experience will definitely pay off, you might have to break some bad habits but knowing how to ride helps. Plus, they'll give you the best bike if you tell them you have experience...haha

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
GL with the stupid miltary laws about bikes, because mainly their idiots. I was a contractor at the time when I was stopped at the gate in my race leathers on because I didn't have something reflective on (but it's okay if you ride in a long sleeve white tshirt). Military rules are for a bunch of morons.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The dirtbike experience will definitely pay off, you might have to break some bad habits but knowing how to ride helps. Plus, they'll give you the best bike if you tell them you have experience...haha
So true! I was the only one that got to ride something that was actually fun at the course. They usually ask you if you have experience when they're deciding what bike to put you on.

Just have fun with it and soak up everything you can. Props for takin the course!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
145 Posts
When i took it I chose a dual sport because i have been riding dirt bikes for about 15 years. I am glad i did, i felt much more comfortable on it than the other cruiser style bikes. Dirt bike experience will help you a lot. The instructors are pretty knowledgeable so ask if you have any questions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yea today was awesome. We didn't really get to pick the bikes ourself, she picked them for us but that's okay. And you're right, the dirtbike experience definitely paid off. The only bad habit I had was starting on one foot and not with both of my feet on the ground, lol. Other than that I did great. There was this one guy that dropped his bike tho, felt pretty bad lol.
Oh, and using only two fingers for the clutch and brake lol. She makes us do 4, but she said I was doing the best there.
Also met some nice guys.

I now know that I'm confused as to what bike I'd REALLY want. I really want a sport, but then again a really nice fat back tire cruiser haha. Possibly get a sport first then later down the road pick up a cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
good choice bro,
some guys (especialy young) often roll their eyes about safety courses, me being one of them having years of riding already before my course, i thought jeeeese i gotta take this stupid course!

but afterwards realized i learned a few simple but helpful things and gave me a beter outlook on biking in general! plus i got my class M faster. lol

even einstein was still learning everyday, every little bit helps!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good choice bro,
some guys (especialy young) often roll their eyes about safety courses, me being one of them having years of riding already before my course, i thought jeeeese i gotta take this stupid course!

but afterwards realized i learned a few simple but helpful things and gave me a beter outlook on biking in general! plus i got my class M faster. lol

even einstein was still learning everyday, every little bit helps!

True! Although I feel as I know know mostly everything I am being taught, it is nice to still get the feel for it and have the extra confidence. It's also teaching me a lot of stuff as to if I wanted to go buy a used bike from someone off of CL, like what to look for, etc. It's fun also, no complaining! I definitely recommend new riders to take it, you can't go wrong with it. And hope you have a fun teacher LOL.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATED - Completed! Scored a 90% on the written and got 0 mistakes on the riding part. Dirtbike skills definitely came handy haha.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Trust me most of that MSF stuff is basics.. but it will come in handy when things get hairy... Im glad I took it..

Also helps on he insurance too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts