Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking for a crash story, this isn't it.

Short story even shorter, not even 200 meters outside my work, I got an open road with a beautiful twist. Went in not any faster than I usually do but lost the rear end and slid a bit causing me to soil myself since I didn't expect that at all. Luckily while I was too busy crapping in my suit the rear sorted itself out and all turned out OK.

Moral of the story: Let the tires warm up before you do anything happy. This is now especially key because the temperatures outside are dropping and when (not if) sh!t does go south, remember that a motorcycle naturally wants to go straight and upright so don't make any hasty maneuvers and remain collected.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Something similar happened to me last week. Pulled into the bank on a right turn. Was going about 10-15 mph the Asphalt turned to concrete at the entrance n idk what the hell happened just remember the front end losing traction n swore I was gonna go down but was able to put my foot down n keep the bike up. Think I soiled myself at that moment too lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had something similar happen to me when I had my 250. The night before it had rained but most of the roads had dried over night. I was on a back road which is a lot more fun when heading into work as it has some turns. I know where the runoff is and know about the gravel. I thought I had missed the gravel. The back tire decided it wanted to go one way. I slammed my leg down and it popped the bike back up. My adrenaline was going and my leg hurt but at least I didn't crash.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Although I kind of agree with what thex says, Northerners experience much different riding conditions over time than southerners do, so sometimes they shouldn't be so quick to judge. I will say that even riding in -25 degree weather for about 3 months during the winter, I never have had tires that don't grip really well unless I'm riding over ice or snow patches. Being exposed to weather that's over 30 degrees with no snow, no ice and no wet, leave very little reasoning why it would happen unless you're pouncing on the throttle out of a corner or something. I think the cbr 600's are fairly predictable bikes when you have some experience with them on the street. Maybe just a lesson you should note for your personal learning experience.

·
Black & Blue
161 Posts
The cool tip I recently heard for riding in cooler weather is that lean angle should never exceed the temperature in Celcius.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The cool tip I recently heard for riding in cooler weather is that lean angle should never exceed the temperature in Celcius.
And the rule of the month award goes to......

As OP said the real golden rule here is to just NOT react.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Hahahahah.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lol if it makes you feel any better I had a similar experience...didn't realize slick my new tires still were..or realize coolant was dripping on my tire :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts