Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner, probably when replacing the failings for god knows what reason didn't install the rear seat lock. There's just a plugin type thing in there and when i remove it a hole where lock should be.
I don't know whats underneath, if i can pull a cable or somehow move some switch but i really want to open my rear seat to check and hopefully find a solution by either installing some sort of new lock or some sort of way of opening it when needed, which is rare but i still want to.

It's 2007 model and I'd be grateful if anyone had idea. Maybe someone can post a closeup pic of how it should look underneath so maybe when i look through the hole tomorrow i can figure out how to open it up...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the pics! Had it opened today and it's pretty much the same like in the pictures.
But now I don't know which parts exactly do I need. I know I need a lock, inside there's a latch which the locksmith moved with some tool and it unhooks the seat, so I'm not sure if I just need the lock part or other as well. I'm looking at the pic below and parts names and I just don't know.
1:**SPRING, LOCK KEY SETTING
3:**HOOK, SEAT CATCH
4:**LOCK ASSY., SEAT

I think number 3 i have, its that hook so get the lock and no idea about number 1. Gotta find the place to order internationally that doesn't have outrageous shipping too. From what I saw, for a price of just the lock, number 4 in the pic, i can order a set of ignition, tank and rear lock with keys etc from Ebay or aliexpress but it just feels like a waste to get it all lol. I'd be fine with a random lock in there too but locksmith said he doesn't have anything long enough to fit in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Had it opened today and it's pretty much the same like in the pictures.
But now I don't know which parts exactly do I need. I know I need a lock, inside there's a latch which the locksmith moved with some tool and it unhooks the seat, so I'm not sure if I just need the lock part or other as well. I'm looking at the pic below and parts names and I just don't know.
1:**SPRING, LOCK KEY SETTING
3:**HOOK, SEAT CATCH
4:**LOCK ASSY., SEAT

I think number 3 i have, its that hook so get the lock and no idea about number 1. Gotta find the place to order internationally that doesn't have outrageous shipping too. From what I saw, for a price of just the lock, number 4 in the pic, i can order a set of ignition, tank and rear lock with keys etc from Ebay or aliexpress but it just feels like a waste to get it all lol. I'd be fine with a random lock in there too but locksmith said he doesn't have anything long enough to fit in there.
I’m in the same boat as you, did those four parts do the trick?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts