Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
sounds like a deal to me. But theres something about buying a bike with zero miles I would always be wondering how he used those 1600 miles thats just my paranoia setting in.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The bike generally looks okay. In the picture of the rear part of the bike, the exhaust is a bit off-center. I don't know if it is pipes, the mounting job, or even the subframe which might be crooked. You might be getting a good deal, however, I would never buy a bike which I haven't been able to ride and verify that all is above board (except for new bikes from dealers, ofcourse).

·
Registered
937 Posts
A good indication of the 1600 miles is the tires. If they are stock, and worn to threads, you know he did a number on them. If both front and rear are brand spanking new, you should ask why. But if they are stock, and look ok, then the bike is ok.

Also, check the axle nuts, see if they have been removed. The dude could say the tires are stock, but the axle nuts have been worked on... another flag to raise.

Then when you find out he is lying, Kick his Mother Fkin Azzzz!!!!! Hit dat bastid with a fkin pipe, then rip the mirror off the bike and beat him over the head with it. As he lay there begging for mercy, grab your nuts and give him the evil eye.

Or just not.

U

·
0 Posts
Looks ok, but in Ft. Lauderdale there are probably better deals to be had.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would stay away from such expensive items on e-bay.

To much of a risk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I wanted to center the pipe, would that be a hard fix? I did get some close up pics and it does not appear that the wheels have been taken off. The tires look like they have some miles on them but not bald by any means. I plan on meeting up with the guy and checking out the bike before going through with it.
I know it is not the cheapest 03 RR out there, but I think that with the mods the gear and that the guy is willing to meet up halfway.... kinna makes up for it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Free gear is a waste, because it was not purchased to fit you...you will wear it only because it was free, and not because it is quality or because it fits. Gear that doesn't fit is no good. Mods are neither here nor there...i would like to know that everything was put on correctly and where i live most modifications are illegal, so if i can't put the stock parts back on, i might as well sell the bike to the next victim of the fix-it ticket.

I would buy the bike for $6k in your neck of the woods and buy your own gear and add the mods that you want to it when you are ready to add them.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
sp's RR said:
sounds like a deal to me. But theres something about buying a bike with zero miles I would always be wondering how he used those 1600 miles thats just my paranoia setting in.
I heard that!
I just went through this. $7k is about the market for an 03 when I was looking (last week). I didnt like what I found so I strolled over to the dealer and bought a BRAND NEW 04 with 3 miles on it for $7744. the extra money I paid gives me peace of mind.

180 miles later adn the tires are scrubbed in edge to edge and I LOVE IT. This bike rocks. I got the faster red too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
nj600rr said:
Then when you find out he is lying, Kick his Mother Fkin Azzzz!!!!! Hit dat bastid with a fkin pipe, then rip the mirror off the bike and beat him over the head with it. As he lay there begging for mercy, grab your nuts and give him the evil eye.

Or just not.
holy **** head east nj600rr and make a stop at either Iraq or Afghanistan and grab a gun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts