Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had my first drop today. I was barely creeping along waiting to make a right turn and hit some loose road/gravel and just dropped on right side. Only minor scratches to the lower and mid fairing. No cracks. (I was just talking about installing frame sliders a couple days before, my fault)

Do you think it would be a good option to just get those two spots touched up at an auto body shop? Do paint shops have access to factory Honda colors or do they just do a color match?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would either get a small can(depending on size of scratches) from colorrite or do a color match. Depending on your time frame. I heard colorrite does good job at gettin or making the factory colors. Make sure you talk to body shop before if you get paint from colorrite, to make sure it works with their stuff, etc...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 06 and there are no decals in the area it scratched. The only other damage is a small scuff on the clutch cover which I might get around to replacing or maybe just trying to buff it out and powdercoat it one day. All in all, I got pretty lucky on a bonehead drop, but I knew it would happen eventually. Next thing to go on the bike is frame sliders and spools.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you all think is a fair price for painting the right mid and right lower fairing. I got one quote to do a color match and completely spray both fairings for $250. That seemed pretty steep to me for such a small area. I am definitely going to get other quotes as a comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts