Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i read an 600rr post/thread ...& posted an opinion in a nice way. And then come back awhile later to find some rr.net douche hatein on what i posted. First of all you have to understand opinions are opinions!! People can decide for themselves what they will do with them or how to take it.

What really pisses me off is when somebody tries to prove something in an an irrelevant way. The thread i read was bringing up irrelevant things just trying to sell his individual products. Because Im an EE major, specifications are important to me...not your ******* opinion! So shut the **** up. Now im not going to tell what thread this was in because it would hurt this business.

My own comparison: Which involves (stock 600rr) and batteries supposedly designed to work with said bike.

Stock Yuasa YTZ10S
A/Hr: 8.6
CCA (A): 190
Weight (lbs.): 7.0
Cost: $160.00
Pros:
Cons: Heavy, lead/acid designed in like 1800s
http://www.yuasabatteries.com/vehicle_search.php?action=showListing

MOTY 8cell post
A/Hr: 4.6
CCA (A): 240
Weight (lbs.): 1.69
Cost: $150.00
Pros:Lightest battery of bunch, close to Ballistics though. 2nd Highest CCA.
Cons:Low A/Hr ratting(1/3 that of Shorai's and Ballistic). This will not allow you to run accessories easily. Might want to not wait too long with key in on position before you crank.
http://www.motydesign.com/product.php?batteries=8-cell-battery-post

Shorai LFX14A4-BS12
A/Hr: 14
CCA (A): 210
Weight (lbs.): 1.99
Cost: $159.95
Pros: Above stock in every category except weight.
Cons:
http://www.shoraipower.com/p-414-lfx14a4-bs12.aspx

Ballistic EVO2 8cell
A/Hr: 15
CCA (A): 275
Weight (lbs.): 1.70
Cost: $159.99
Pros: Highest in every category. 2nd lightest battery .01 lb difference is No big deal. Has Very nice warranty.
Cons:
http://www.ballisticparts.com/products/batteries/8cell.php

Now each battery has its own Pros and Cons. But saying a battery doesnt work for a particular bike, based on irrelevant comparisons is retarded. And that is why i am comparing each battery based on Manufacturers data and using the stock battery as a basis.

And the overall winner is (based on specifications)!!!....

Ballistic EVO2 8cell
Weight (lbs.): 1.70
Cost: $159.99
Pros: Highest in every category. 2nd lightest battery .01 lb difference is No big deal. Has Very nice warranty.
Cons:
http://www.ballisticparts.com/products/batteries/8cell.php

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
"Low A/Hr ratting(1/3 that of Shorai's and Ballistic). This will not allow you to run accessories easily. Might want to not wait too long with key in on position before you crank."

the funniest thing is you are attacking me with out having your facts straight!

the ballistic uses the exact same cells as i do... so the specs are identical between us. our cells are made by the same people (a123)

i understand some how ive rubbed you the wrong way, but maybe a bit more research will help you with understanding this new technology. And by the way if you are attacking personally, i actually am a EE graduate, as you can see on my old post form like 7 years ago when i graduated.

(research further what this means "Pb-eq A/H") both those companies are LYING and are trying to make their product look better than what it really is.

my numbers are the TRUTH! real AH numbers

the only dif between ballistic and me is the case...

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
this is from ballisitics site BTW

Lead-acid battery manufacturers have been using Amp-Hour (Ahr) ratings for years to indicate the cranking ability of their batteries. The Amp-Hour rating is a measure of how long a battery can deliver a specific current over the course of 60 minutes at a low discharge rate to half of nominal voltage. This rating has little to do with how a battery will actually start a vehicle. Because the rating itself is based on a complete discharge, under actual conditions the lead acid battery will deliver much less than the amp-hour rating. As a lead-acid battery discharges it begins to sulfate and its internal resistance increases. Also, discharging any battery to a complete discharge will damage it permanently.

A Ballistic Performance Components EVO2 battery will operate completely different. EVO2 batteries have significantly less internal resistance so they are able to discharge more of their capacity in a burst and still remain usable. Because the usable capacity is much greater than an equivalent lead-acid, a 6.9Ahr 12 Cell EVO2 is on par with a 20AHr lead acid battery in actual performance as a starter battery. To illustrate this, we use the rating of Pb-eq A/Hr or lead (Pb) equivalent (eq) Amp Hour (A/Hr). The lead acid equivalent amp/hour rating is a simple way to compare the starting capacity of a LiFePO4 battery with the starting capacity of a lead-acid battery.

if you hook up a 1amp device to mine or theirs the 8 cell battery will run that device for 4.6 hours

also the ballistic site states 275CCA which yes our batteries in BEST situation are capable and we have tested they can do that in BEST situation, however once again we are committed to the truth and providing real numbers and the 240CCA that A123 has produced in their product data is correct and agreeable

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
this is from their site BTW

Lead-acid battery manufacturers have been using Amp-Hour (Ahr) ratings for years to indicate the cranking ability of their batteries. The Amp-Hour rating is a measure of how long a battery can deliver a specific current over the course of 60 minutes at a low discharge rate to half of nominal voltage. This rating has little to do with how a battery will actually start a vehicle. Because the rating itself is based on a complete discharge, under actual conditions the lead acid battery will deliver much less than the amp-hour rating. As a lead-acid battery discharges it begins to sulfate and its internal resistance increases. Also, discharging any battery to a complete discharge will damage it permanently.

A Ballistic Performance Components EVO2 battery will operate completely different. EVO2 batteries have significantly less internal resistance so they are able to discharge more of their capacity in a burst and still remain usable. Because the usable capacity is much greater than an equivalent lead-acid, a 6.9Ahr 12 Cell EVO2 is on par with a 20AHr lead acid battery in actual performance as a starter battery. To illustrate this, we use the rating of Pb-eq A/Hr or lead (Pb) equivalent (eq) Amp Hour (A/Hr). The lead acid equivalent amp/hour rating is a simple way to compare the starting capacity of a LiFePO4 battery with the starting capacity of a lead-acid battery.

if you hook up a 1amp device to mine or theirs the 8 cell battery will run that device for 4.6 hours
So if I understand this correctly, they've used in essence an "adjusted" scale so as to directly compare to Lead acid batteries so easier for people to compare.

So you have not used this "adjusted scale" in the values you posted BB?

if thats right what is your "adjusted" value?

this is quite interesting. i like learning new things

on a side note, i hope this thread doesn't turn into a slanging match and can provide those who dont know (like me) with more info

thanks

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, they've used in essence an "adjusted" scale so as to directly compare to Lead acid batteries so easier for people to compare.

So you have not used this "adjusted scale" in the values you posted BB?

if thats right what is your "adjusted" value?

this is quite interesting. i like learning new things

on a side note, i hope this thread doesn't turn into a slanging match and can provide those who dont know (like me) with more info

thanks
YES EXACTLY!!!! if i used adjusted numbers
MOTYDesign.com batteries =
Weight (lbs.): 1.52
Cost: $150

and it was a slamming thread as you can see what was said in the OPs original post 2nd paragraph.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
YES EXACTLY!!!! if i used adjusted numbers
MOTYDesign.com batteries =
Weight (lbs.): 1.52
Cost: $150

and it was a slamming thread as you can see what was said in the OPs original post 2nd paragraph.
aaah makes sense now, so your batteries are pretty much the same but cheaper and lighter.

fair play some inappropriate language was used, but you kept it on track so for that i thank you:shakehand

so to business :)
do you have a UK or European distributor?
Also i have an alarm fitted, how would that fair with your battery in terms of bike remaining static for any length of time (sorry i dont know how much my alarm draws) but any rough estimate would be nice?

If an alarm will drain the battery much quicker, are there any existing chargers i can use. For example i have an optimate/techmate 4 (i know they do a lithium specific but it osts over a £100 which is wayyy to much).

cheers

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yea Im sorry but Im with BB on this. He's done his research and it shows in his product. There are a ton of riders on this forum running his batteries with nothing but great things to say about them. And his customer service has always been top notch.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
aaah makes sense now, so your batteries are pretty much the same but cheaper and lighter.

fair play some inappropriate language was used, but you kept it on track so for that i thank you:shakehand

so to business :)
do you have a UK or European distributor?
Also i have an alarm fitted, how would that fair with your battery in terms of bike remaining static for any length of time (sorry i dont know how much my alarm draws) but any rough estimate would be nice?

If an alarm will drain the battery much quicker, are there any existing chargers i can use. For example i have an optimate/techmate 4 (i know they do a lithium specific but it osts over a £100 which is wayyy to much).

cheers

currently we ship to customers all over the world... the alarm is a concern with any of the above mentioned batteries. if you read the warranties youll find out that an alarm will void any of the above mentioned batteries if you allow the voltage to drop below 9 or 10V which is about 2 days with out riding with a 8 cell and 3days maybe with the shorai?

Yea Im sorry but Im with BB on this. He's done his research and it shows in his product. There are a ton of riders on this forum running his batteries with nothing but great things to say about them. And his customer service has always been top notch.
thank you for the comment, but the OP was wanting to compare paper numbers, so we will leave actual field tested reliably out of this review for the time being. thank your for your support though.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
THANK YOU everyone, but im NOT SELLING!!!!

i just want everyone to be fully informed that is my goal here!

·
Registered
224 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts