Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i just bought a 2005 CBR 600RR ...

I want to buy a slip on because the exhaust i have is stock. I would like something louder...suggestions?

also I want to buy new levers.. Im used to using one finger on levers.. I want a quicker lever... i was going to get this yana hima *forgot name* "blades". If anyone can come up with a cheaper/better brake/clutch combo.. suggestions?

also how will I know if my bike needs a steering damper? I haven't had any shaking or vibration in the bars (so far) so how will I know if I need one?
suggestions also on a good damper?

thank you all for your time
:banghead:

·
Registered
787 Posts
There are a ton of diff slip ons... I'm running a Yosh which is extremely popular. So is akrapovic which is very high quality...

As far as levers 2wheels are extremely popular and a set cost 40 bucks... I love my shorties...

I think steering dampeners are a personal choice unless you feel you need it... If you get a shake from DD then you have something wrong but if not there are a ton of mods still on the table...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blkside
Yeah, I haven't had any shaking. I did at first, but I changed my riding style.. I was trying to sit too much "upright" putting a ton of pressure on my bars.. they would shake a little and feel unstable at 75 mph... recently I started moving my butt back towards the rear cowl. not completely tucked, but a nice "mini" tuck. and two things happened. I relaxed my grip on the bars. so my hands dont go to "sleep" anymore. and I realized i put my stomach and thighs more onto the tank so i kind of "hang" on the bars, with no real weight on them. I was just thinking the damper, better safe then sorry sort of things. And those levers, im def going to have to look those up! I've heard shorties are really good. and I like those two exhausts.. would you say the yosh is loud?

·
Registered
787 Posts
No it's got a nice "burble" at idle and sound pretty good on throttle... Nothing ridiculously loud but much more than stock... YouTube em... There's a ton on there...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that i shall dude, that i shall. thank you i appreciate all your input.. i dunno why i didnt get a bike sooner haha this is amazing stuff, plus the community. you dont get waved at or wave at anyone in cars haha!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Yoshi and akra are both great exhausts. The yoshi rs-5 is a great pipe it's what I have. Has a nice growl when idling and at the higher RPMs really opens up and screams. If you go with the yoshi contact riders discount on here they have great prices on them. As far as steering dampers go most DDs won't need them they are more towards racing. But I know a lot of DDs who do have them just in case. And finally on levers there are tons of choices. ASV, pazzo, the2wheels, etc. I personally have the ASV shorties which I absolutely love. They are on the more expensive high quality end but I don't think I'll ever buy a different lever. Just research anything your going to buy. And search the forum. If it deals with cbrs we've probably talked about it or reviewed it on this forum! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Volcom440 Thank you! That was some good input... Ok now a seriously seriously Noob question...

Whats a DD? haha Sorry if it's been covered already!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Daily driver. Lol no problem though we were all noobs at some point. I've been riding for a year and trust me I'm still a noob when it really comes down to it haha

Sent from my iPhone 4s

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol thank you for being nice about it. yeah im learning all the lingo. it is my daily driver. I believe im ok with the dampner.. ( i feel stupid for doing this) I was riding and got up to 105MPH no shake... as soon as i realized how fast i was going. wont do that again. dumb.

whiterepsol im gonna have to research all this stuff. my stock levers feel like it takes a million years to pull all the way in. (clutch) and my break lever just feels LARGE

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya for levers there are so many different kinds I have asv shorties on mine and I wouldn't trade them for anything else. Also for pipes there r tons out there I have a jardine on mine and its not loud and its got a nice tone when u get on it. If ur looking for places motosport.com has just about everything you could put on a bike. And they are decently priced I have ordered stuff from them a few times and they have quick shipping.

Sent from my PB99400 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
murdered thank you I will def have to give them a look up. Someone said something about a discount we get? is this true and what site? lol thank you everyone for being so courtious! ( i cant spell for s**t you get the point though)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Also check to see about any bike nights in your area.. if you are in a area that has a good turn out go and "sample" the exhaust's. You tube really doesnt give you a clear idea of how the pipe is going to sound due to the pitch usually isnt recieved well in alot of recording devices. and you'll get a first hand look at fit. There are a number of pipes out there that stick out crazy far.. IDK really wth the manufacture's think when they slap a long can on the end of the bikes but then again I dont own a multi mill company either. But thats my .02

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HAHA! I went to Hillsdale until my junior year then i moved to reno!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not sure what type of budget you are working with. But if I had to choose, I would go with a damper over a slip-on any day. It's kind of one of those things that you don't know what you're missing till you get one.

I would actually do a bunch of things before a slip-on. Frame sliders/spools/adjustable rear set/levers/ pretty much any protection and comfort related. Also how are the tires? If tread is good, how old are they?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tread is good on both my tires I should get a new front in about 600 miles. Rear is good recently replaced . I've got sliders I want levers the stocks just feel " heavy "

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For sure I'm down to check it out. You can check out my bike too haha . I'm still down to ride but it's harder for me since I work retail and I don't get weekends off

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 23 Posts