Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am thinking of getting one of those alarms for my '04 that have the pagers w/ them so you know if anyone is F'ing with your bike. I keep it covered in my garage, but just thought it might be cool to have for work and errands. Anyone try these? If so, opinions??

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just gotta say you get what you pay for and the alarm is awesome. lotsa options.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
there's no point using an alarm, if someone wants to steal your bike, they will steal it no matter if you have an alarm, disc lock or whatever.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have heard many stories of alarms foiling an attempt to steel a bike, but although it might deter some...if they want it-they will get it. I just installed mine and it was a piece of cake. I mainly wanted mine to keep people from trying to sit on it while I'm in a store or eating. I hooked it up to the VFX tailight kit and it is very nice.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Arik434 said:
Hey guys, I am thinking of getting one of those alarms for my '04 that have the pagers w/ them so you know if anyone is F'ing with your bike. I keep it covered in my garage, but just thought it might be cool to have for work and errands. Anyone try these? If so, opinions??
Here's a tip. don't rely too heavily on the pager system. The range states 1/4 mile (I think or even more), but when you're in a building the range is more like 50 yards or less.
The proximity alarm is awesome. It will set off the alarm when someone is lurking near your bike.
I don't even bother arming my bike anymore. It seems that it drains the bike battery pretty quickly and you should get a battery charger or "battery tender" if you get an alarm. Also, the receiver's battery need to be replaced every 2-3 months. Pain in the A cuz you have to reset the time on the alarm every time you change the battery.
If I could do it all over again, I would get on of those alarms that can is able to track the bike down though a GPS receiver.
If someone is going to steal the bike, they'll steal it, alarm or not. But if you can be stealthy with the GPS unit, you might have a chance of recovering your bike as long as the bike isn't parted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts