Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a bike that's a little more comfortable for 2 up, for when I want to cruising with the wife, but I want decent performance, too.
I like the way the VFR looks in red.
Does anyone know anything about these bikes?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search, found mostly comments on the looks. I was hoping for input on handling characteristics :smile:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
From everything I've heard and read, it is a fantastic bike. Lot's of torque from the v4, extra power from the vtec, and really comfortable. It handles really well for it's size and weight. It's no RR, but for most of us we will not be able to push it's limits, and you shouldn't if you are riding 2up. If I were ten years older, it's the bike I would have bought, as it is, I may still buy one in the next couple of years, but I'll probably end up with a cruiser as a second bike. (I'm currently experiencing a dilemma, should I buy another bike, or sell my not so exciting car, a stratus coupe, and get something really fun and cool ie: corvette, s2000, 350z, etc?)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think I'll be able to part with my RR, but I'll try to make this my next bike, I think I get the picture!:D

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've got an '03 VFR and it's really a great bike. V4 is a wonderful motor, the bike is very agile, neutral handling, and is a blast to ride. I often get comments from other guys on R1's etc. about how well the VFR appears to handle. In typical Honda fashion, it really belies it's weight.

You might want to go to Freddy Spencer's site as they've got a vid clip of him running on the Vegas track on his VFR :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey, I just got my 04 VFR 2 weeks ago....and I still have my RR as well...basically, the VFR is for taking the wife along....It's a bit low on the power in my opinion, but once it gets the job done for 2 up...again, it's a kind of sport tourer..I slapped on the laser exhaust and it made a great deal difference in weight and throttle response!....I've had a chance to take it through some twisties and I was quite impressed as well....overall, it's a good bike for touring with 2 up....just can't beat Honda quality!....The VTEC is quite smooth and it merges smoothly when it comes on....opposed to the VTEC on the CB400 I used to have....It would come in like a Turbo Saab car...hard and sudden....and I was weary about this on the VFR, but I guess Honda did some tweaking and this problem is not on the VFR!...besides, I don't think the CB400 is available in the states!....anyways, if you like comfort and sport mixed together, with a cool sounding engine....the VFR is the way to go...it can corner well when needed and it can be stable enough on long road trips!....enjoy...cheers

·
Registered
812 Posts
Corbin it and you have a nice tour de sport. I rode one but loved the RR.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was a Honda sales Manager for three years, the VFR is a very good all around bike, it was voted best Open-class bike more than any other bike in since the award's inception. If you're primarily interested in riding your wife around and you still want the look and feel of a sports bike, the VFR is the only way to go. They also have a great resale and are very easy to sell again if you're dissapointed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1. Cruzin
2. with the wife
3. comfortable
4. performance
= sounds like you need a Hog! put her in some chaps and a tube top, kick yer feet up like your on a lounge chair and V-twin rumble off into the sunset man.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I recently read in one of the cycle magazines that the cost of adjusting the valves on this bike is astronomical! You might want to check that out.

If you get one…….remove the exhaust baffles….the thing sounds like a Ferrari….very sweet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts