Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Xbox 360 and fooseball or not?

• That's a great idea, and I think it would help your business.

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Its an ok idea, but I don't think it would do much for your business.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Nah don't bother. Keep your shop strictly business.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, as some of you know I am opening a new shop here in San Diego. I have been moving in some stuff already and I want to set up a little hangout for people to come over on weekends after their rides, or even some weeknights after work. I have enough space in my warehouse so I am thinking about putting in a couple leather couches, a nice TV and an Xbox 360, and also a fooseball table. I think it would be fun to play games like MotoGP 07 and guitar hero :) I also plan to host all the MotoGP races in hi def on the m0t0gp.com channel next season.

Anyway, I am getting some negative feedback from some people about this who say that I would be wasting my time and focusing too much on the few local people who would actually come over. My thoughts are that I don't want to be like any other shop, I want to be involved with the riding community and offer a place where people can come over and chill....and I think it would be good for business as a result of that.

What do you guys think? Should I put the fun stuff in there or keep my shop strictly business?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
D,

i think its a great idea...plus itll be good for you if you have those long nights you have something to do haha

do you plan on having a service shop too? if so it would be a nice little area for people to wait in while their bikes are being worked on...

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eric. For now I will not be doing any service. I can't afford the equipment nor the insurance right now...

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
personally my buddy had a car shop that was like that and wed go and hngout for hours and id drop quite a bit on parts cuz when your there for a long period of time you remember all the stuff u need right..:p

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
personally my buddy had a car shop that was like that and wed go and hngout for hours and id drop quite a bit on parts cuz when your there for a long period of time you remember all the stuff u need right..:p
Exactly. You think to yourself, "Well now that I'm here I might as well get it".

I know I'm like that...:icon_roll

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
i dunno its true
like when were all in the snapon truck at work on mondays
is when im like **** i need (insert tools here)
and i wouldnt have thought of them unless i was actually in the truck or shop for your matter

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
It would be cool if someone brought their bike in for service and had a place to chill for a bit while their bike is getting worked on. Or even just to hang out for a bit in the shop.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
well hopefully you do...cuz then ill have a place to ride to in SD...lol

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah sounds like a good idea, hopefully you dont just get a bunch of free-loaders though!
Yeah I'm pretty much only gonna open it up for weekends when people are coming back from their rides, and on certain nights. I know about the guys who just love to hang out at bike shops and tell squidly stories...I don't want any of them wasting my time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty much only gonna open it up for weekends when people are coming back from their rides, and on certain nights. I know about the guys who just love to hang out at bike shops and tell squidly stories...I don't want any of them wasting my time.
Keeping the free loaders away is going to be the biggest problem. Maybe some sort of hazing (dazed and confused style) would keep the squids down. :tongue11:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The TV showing GP races is for sure awesome. I think an Xbox would just get broken or games would get stolen.

We have a shop here that sells small things to eat, coffee, sodas, and if you want, beer. That place does awesome business, because people go there for lunch, but while they are there they buy something, or vice versa. Especially during GP events, you could make a lot of money selling stuff like that. Its worth a shot, and thats what I would do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts