Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get some opinions on this. I've got an '03 Black RR, with ONLY 870 miles on it. I mean, MINT condition. What does everyone think it's worth? Just curious and tryin' to get an idea from other RR owners. Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
i paid $5800 for mine - '03 1454 miles in the DC area

i think i overpaid a little, but i was willing to since i really wanted the bike and he had other buyers lined up.

i'd say it's worth $5100 or near there. Probably a little lower. During the spring though you'll get people that are willing to pay a higher price ( like i did ). I'd put its value at $5600 with a potential to sell for $6k if you get a lot of buyers, especially with the low mileage.

why is the bike have so little miles though?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if you want the honest story, I just bought the bike outta nowhere in July of '03. My friend works at a dealership, and I went to his work to meet him for lunch and while I was waiting for him, because he was doing something, I just pulled out a check and bought the bike. I was just like "hmm..the all new RR, I like that, I think I'll buy one." I think I did it in like 1/2hr or something, lol. Totally true story, and an impulse buy for sure. I race cars and tune/build street, drift, drag, scca cars, so I didn't really have the time to devote to riding it. Now that I have more time to myself, I wanna ride it more often, but I've had a few friends interested. I see bikes on here going for over 6k with more mileage, but I wasn't sure what it was REALLY worth. Anyway, I don't wanna sell it...I like it WAY too much and plan on spending the entire spring/summer on it, but I was just curious what everyones opinon was on the price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I looked around and saw some people selling for like $6500, which I thought was pretty high actually. Just curious, do the extras hurt the value of the bike, like it sometimes does on a car, or is it more of a "depends on whose buying it" type of thing?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think the mileage on bikes isnt as important as it is on cars, especially since it is so easy for someone to pick up a new gauge cluster and be back to 0 miles. I think the condition of the bike and year have more bearing. Also sites like NADA dont even take into account mileage.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man, don't take less than $5900, with 820 miles and perfect condition you can get around $6400 for it, trust me. Be patient, you might not have to for long anyways, it will sell quick.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I say probably you could get low 6's... I paid 6650 for a 05' with 300 miles on it.. was in the winter and a "good deal" i suppose.. Peace
Dan-

·
Registered
222 Posts
bike value is whatever you can get someone to pay for it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand it's w/e I can get someone to pay for it, but I just wanted to get an idea of the ballpark price, based on the mileage and condition. Other than F/E, my bike is bone stock, so if you DO have mods like exhaust, V-Stacks, etc, do most people pay more for that stuff? I know when I build cars, anything added, unless it's a PROVEN track car (and even then you take a hit on what you originally paid, just not as bad), is worth about 1/2 of what you paid...IF THAT, once it's on the car. Is that the same case with bikes...? Just curious...

·
Registered
163 Posts
SleepingTalon said:
Well, if you want the honest story, I just bought the bike outta nowhere in July of '03. My friend works at a dealership, and I went to his work to meet him for lunch and while I was waiting for him, because he was doing something, I just pulled out a check and bought the bike. I was just like "hmm..the all new RR, I like that, I think I'll buy one." I think I did it in like 1/2hr or something, lol. Totally true story, and an impulse buy for sure. I race cars and tune/build street, drift, drag, scca cars, so I didn't really have the time to devote to riding it. Now that I have more time to myself, I wanna ride it more often, but I've had a few friends interested. I see bikes on here going for over 6k with more mileage, but I wasn't sure what it was REALLY worth. Anyway, I don't wanna sell it...I like it WAY too much and plan on spending the entire spring/summer on it, but I was just curious what everyones opinon was on the price.
Thats funny, I bought mine almost the same way. I went with my buddy to get a new tire for his gixxer1k. I saw the RR sittin there and fell in love. 30 minutes later, I was back at the shop wondering what the hell I just did haha. Definately an impulse buy also, but I don't regret it at all, I love this thing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
In all honesty, it depends on where you are located. I personally wouldn't pay more than $5500, because I know I can find an '05 for the $6500 range without a problem, why would I spend the money on an '03, regardless of mileage.

It sounds like it's in good shape, and depending on where you're at, maybe you'd get more, but that's all I'd pay for it.

On the modifications, you typically aren't going to make any more money based on modifications. However, this is a general rule, if you have more than standard mods, maybe someone will be interested. If it's just pipe and stuff, don't expect to see any gains. You'd be better off bringing it back to stock and unloading the used parts elsewhere...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts