Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've torn apart the right side of my bike and am finally ready to do away with the clear duct tape that has been holding a few parts together!

I've made a list of all the parts that I need (including clips/small support parts/etc).

A word to the wise...any schematic available will make your brain sore...I have no idea how many trips I made back and forth from the garage to the computer. Ugh.

Here's the question. I chatted with a rep from bikebandit.com about these OEM parts being painted/decal'd. He gave me the correct codes to order the right painted parts for my pearl white scheme. HOWEVER, he could not tell me if the parts would come with decals on them.

Any ideas as to if these lower cowl parts will come with the silver stripes and CBR logo?

Also: This a reputable site to go through?

Thanks
Nate

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
As far as the logos, prolly not, Honda makes you pay for every lil thing. But I have ordered from them a bunch of times. Good guys to deal with with fast shipping

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I've torn apart the right side of my bike and am finally ready to do away with the clear duct tape that has been holding a few parts together!

I've made a list of all the parts that I need (including clips/small support parts/etc).

A word to the wise...any schematic available will make your brain sore...I have no idea how many trips I made back and forth from the garage to the computer. Ugh.

Here's the question. I chatted with a rep from bikebandit.com about these OEM parts being painted/decal'd. He gave me the correct codes to order the right painted parts for my pearl white scheme. HOWEVER, he could not tell me if the parts would come with decals on them.

Any ideas as to if these lower cowl parts will come with the silver stripes and CBR logo?

Also: This a reputable site to go through?

Thanks
Nate

its a good site. thats who I used to fix mine up after my little slide a while back.

i THINK, the lowers might not come with the HONDA graphic... i believe thats a standalone sticker set. Same for the mid's "CBR" sticker

I didnt have to buy those parts so i not 100% SURE ON IT

those schematics are pretty detailed so you should be able to tell whether they're on it or not.

I'll take a look at it if I get a chance

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** alright. thanks sincal.

Yeah, guys are great....gave me a promo discount...pretty rad.

Reallllllly not looking forward to putting decals on...

They are fuggin expensive too.

I'd rather have a beer.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks litenin.

I was surprised that the online chat serviceman wasn't able to give me an answer on this, especially since i have a ~ $700 virtual freaking shopping cart full of their goodies ready to purchase.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
thanks litenin.

I was surprised that the online chat serviceman wasn't able to give me an answer on this, especially since i have a ~ $700 virtual freaking shopping cart full of their goodies ready to purchase.

yea, i had a similar issue but at least they try and it doesnt take long to get the parts

BTW, i checked and for the mids the sticker IS separate so im guessing the HONDA one on the lowers probably is too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, i had a similar issue but at least they try and it doesnt take long to get the parts

BTW, i checked and for the mids the sticker IS separate so im guessing the HONDA one on the lowers probably is too.
grr. ok thanks for checking. They want an arm and a leg for a few white stripes! whew...

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
grr. ok thanks for checking. They want an arm and a leg for a few white stripes! whew...
Yeah same for the orange stripes. I noticed that all the large decals (stripes, rear cowl decal) are expensive but the smaller ones (CBR logo, etc) are pretty cheap. Not their fault however, Honda knows they can charge an arm & a leg so they will, at least you're not buying new plastics!

I just ordered a headlight cover and an air filter from them on Friday so I'll see when I get them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah same for the orange stripes. I noticed that all the large decals (stripes, rear cowl decal) are expensive but the smaller ones (CBR logo, etc) are pretty cheap. Not their fault however, Honda knows they can charge an arm & a leg so they will, at least you're not buying new plastics!

I just ordered a headlight cover and an air filter from them on Friday so I'll see when I get them.
Heh...I am ordering new plastics from them.....Only used OEM part I could find is the upper :tard:.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've shopped from bikebandit, they're legit. Most of the time, when you buy brand new OEM fairings from the dealers/stores they will not have any decals or anything extra on there. It will just be the bare painted fairing itself, nothing more.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've shopped from bikebandit, they're legit. Most of the time, when you buy brand new OEM fairings from the dealers/stores they will not have any decals or anything extra on there. It will just be the bare painted fairing itself, nothing more.
yeah, this is what I've found out recently. Looks like I'll be paying over $100 for a few white stripes, cbr logo, and honda logo. sigh.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so 2 out of the 3 pieces of bodywork came with stickers on them....

annnnd they gave me the wrong part number for my right mid i ordered.

sooo...shipping stickers back....exchanging silver mid for a black one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts