Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Other sources besides ebay for 03 to 06 frames?

610 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tk421 
#1 ·
Half of the listing I find are insane. One guy wants 600+ for a salvage titled one. If anyone knows of any other sources lmk.

#2 · (Edited)
There are a couple good motorcycle salvage yards in Richmond VA and Norfolk also. Craigslist sometimes you can find one or a whole "project" motorcycle. You have to look around a lot, because as you already found out eBay prices are generally ridiculous, and being for a motorcycle doubly so. Manked out cans with crash damage, for instance, list for several hundred dollars! Used air filters in fair condition, fifty bucks! Seriously?
There is a classified section here as well.

#3 ·
I might have one coming up if you're still looking. Unfortunately, I might be one of those guys on eBay. I just posted in that part of the forum. If I end up parting it, ideally, I would like to sell the frame, engine, electronics, internals, etc. together, ideally to an amateur club racer or something. It's a salvage title, but a theft recovery. It was written off because they broke the steering lock tab to steal the bike and I bought it with 168 mi on the odometer. I have more money in parts and work into the bike than I paid for her, which was still pretty high. Anyway, the DMV has already approved it for the street and it hasn't been out there for about 8 years because I've had back problems and other issues. She's located in Northern Virginia too! Let me know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.