Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ever get looked at strangely for owning a motorcycle, particularly a sport bike? It seems like I get some people who think it is awesome and respect the bikes but I get lots of people who look down upon me and think I am automatically a rebel and don't respect the laws. What about you guys?

·
Registered
174 Posts
It all comes down to how people have been exposed to the biking community while driving their cages or watching TV. Take that fool in Hawaii that video tapped himself doing 150+ on his R1 weaving in and out of traffic. How many people have actually seen some of the cruiser bikes doing the same retarded high speed fly-by? I have seen my fair share of stupidity amongst all bike riders. Hell, even Keri pointed out that someone on a cruiser was using their cell phone, it's still retarded to do but people don't see it so much as an issue when the sportbike passes them doing a buck twenty.

Take the example of ccc1997's recent encounter where some chick was checking either him out (very doubtful, haha) or the bike. Brief memory lapse on her part caused her to rear-end the car in front of her....wonder if she still thinks sport bikes are cool? :icon_lol:

Its all relative. It is human nature to do stupid stuff and then base your opinion solely on the fact that one idiot speaks for the group. We remember the bad things long before we remember the good.

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
I will admit, I like the looks I get at the light sometimes. I always wave at the little kids too. Once the light turns green, all that goes away and it is time to focus back on the task at hand, not getting killed. Like Tox said, it is all relative tho.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've got the good and the bad... I think the same probably happens with the people on cruiser bikes - hell, they pass me on I4 because on the streets, I am a safe driver and go with traffic - maybe 5/10 MPH over the limit,but no more...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I came to an intersection at a railroad crossing and started to turn left and stopped to wait on oncoming traffic a state trooper at the stop sign never took his eyes off of me. As i made the turn and i started to wave (being friendly) he drops his head and shakes it side to side. Guess he"s not fond of sportbikes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i give more bad looks to cagers when they cut me off or almost merge into me, than they give me!... thats for sure

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I came to an intersection at a railroad crossing and started to turn left and stopped to wait on oncoming traffic a state trooper at the stop sign never took his eyes off of me. As i made the turn and i started to wave (being friendly) he drops his head and shakes it side to side. Guess he"s not fond of sportbikes.

You should have gave him the "thumbs up"... LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
i get that attitude towards me alot....the "you ride a sportbike so you must be rebel" one..

i especially hate it when other bikers do that to me...
So what.. i'm young and i ride an RR. When was it that you had to be 30 years old with 10++ years riding experience before it is ok to ride an RR. Yes i know people my age do squidish things but that doesnt mean i will.

So for everyone that jduges people without first getting to know them. FK all of em, they dont know anything.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I look in the mirror, and sometimes I hate myself, yet sometimes I love myself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't got dirty looks or maybe I'm not paying attention to their expressions. I'm the one giving dirty looks for stupid moves cagers pull. Ride safe out there.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Take the example of ccc1997's recent encounter where some chick was checking either him out (very doubtful, haha) or the bike. Brief memory lapse on her part caused her to rear-end the car in front of her....wonder if she still thinks sport bikes are cool? :icon_lol:
Hey at least she saw him :icon_lol:, better then most cagers who dont even realize a bike is even there

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
It comes with the package.
Them ones that look down on us will nebver know because theyre too narrow minded to try.
Besides, who judges someone like that because of their vehicle? YEP! dumb muthafukaz.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
In my area it seems to be a bit different.

I get much more positive reinforcement riding a sportbike than negative. I always have kids saying they like my bike and they want to ride on, and kids signaling for me to do a wheelie, or sitting at a light next to a car with a kid and having the kid gauk at my bike. It's pretty cool I think.

Most of the harley/crusier riders in my area are posers. Thet get glass packs for their exaust to make it REALLY loud and I see them get more frowns than me.

Funny story is I was talking to a lady who hated on street bikes with a passion and told me as such when she found out what I rode. She was hardcore harley...they only REAL bike out there. Then she sees me for the past 3 months and then she comments on how she wouldn't subject her bike to that kind of mileage as she would be afraid of doing all kinds of repairs constantly....LOL....I just snikered. Now she starting to like the appearance of them...she says they look pretty slick.

·
19,904 Posts
In my area it seems to be a bit different.

I get much more positive reinforcement riding a sportbike than negative. I always have kids saying they like my bike and they want to ride on, and kids signaling for me to do a wheelie, or sitting at a light next to a car with a kid and having the kid gauk at my bike. It's pretty cool I think.

Most of the harley/crusier riders in my area are posers. Thet get glass packs for their exaust to make it REALLY loud and I see them get more frowns than me.

Funny story is I was talking to a lady who hated on street bikes with a passion and told me as such when she found out what I rode. She was hardcore harley...they only REAL bike out there. Then she sees me for the past 3 months and then she comments on how she wouldn't subject her bike to that kind of mileage as she would be afraid of doing all kinds of repairs constantly....LOL....I just snikered. Now she starting to like the appearance of them...she says they look pretty slick.
HAHAH, thats how its starts there, Mr. MILF hunter...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Do you guys ever get looked at strangely for owning a motorcycle, particularly a sport bike? It seems like I get some people who think it is awesome and respect the bikes but I get lots of people who look down upon me and think I am automatically a rebel and don't respect the laws. What about you guys?
Comes with the territory, bro. As long as there are guys who lane-split, weave in and out of traffic, take their bikes up to 13K, rev at stop lights like they have Tourrette's Syndrome, explore triple digit speeds on local highways, wear shorts and flip-flops while popping wheelies on the interstate... you're going to be equated with those fools, even if you're the furthest away from them.

I rarely exceed the speed limit and obey traffic laws. Shoot, I even use hand signals when I make turns or change lanes. I'm probably the dorkiest sportbike owner in the world. Yet, I'll get profiled by cops all the same.

Shoot, I'm a Youth Minister at my church and I get the looks from the congregants. I try very hard to change the image and that's why I'm so vocal on this board against squiddy behavior because the selfishness of these kinds of riders is ruining it for the rest of the responsible riders.

In the meantime bro, just grin and bear it. You can't control other people's perspective, but you certainly can be loud and clear by the example that you lead!

·
19,904 Posts
People are hypcrites anyway, they frown on us, but are probably cheating on their taxes, or steal rfom work or whatever. but we're th ebad gus because we ride crotch rockets.

fuk what people think.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I get looks from people all the time but it doesn't bother me. In my area other riders will look at you funny if you have on full leathers when its hot. I was out ridding like two weeks ago when a guy on a gixxer pulled up next to me, he eyeballed me and my bike. They he says were you out hitting the twisties, I said no and he looked at me like I was crazy for having on leathers.

When I talk to people about wrecking my bike last year they will talk and ask questions and are concerned. When they ask what kinda bike I have and I tell them then there like "showin off huh!" Like the ony reason I wrecked was because I was hot dogging on a sportbike.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
all i can say to those fucks... is don't knock it till you try it... people whom have never ridden will never understand and can only fathom the idea of riding whether it be a sportbike or cruiser.... they are all just jealous cause the don't have one... there will always be people like that. if they don't want to take the time to educate themselves on motorcylcing then they aren't worth my time.....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts