Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i finally got the bike out from winter storage.

boy is it awesome to have the nice weather and have the RR out of the shed.

I hooked the battery up... and bamm... started with no hesitaion...

wow.. awesome just to hear it again, and no problems what so ever.

i let her run for about 20 minutes.. shut her off and there she sits..

waiting for this weekend to ride..

still way too much sand on the roads to ride and its got an appointment for april 5th for a oil change and filter change as well as a check-over.. so ill take her out this weekend for a bit..

but thats it.. easy winter storage and no probs brining her back!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I was reading over the guide I had about winter storage and it says after running out the tank of gas with the Stabil in it to run a few tanks with a fuel system cleaner additive (e.g. Techron). Should I do this? Does Honda make a good product for this or is there any other you can recommend other than Techron?

Jason

ps. I posted something about this in the maint. but no one answered me. :(

·
Registered
494 Posts
Fuel system cleaner wouldn't hurt, but I don't think multiple tanks is necessary. Just run it through one tank and you should be good.

On a side note, I've never used Stabil. The most important thing to do before winter is fill you tank completely full with good fuel, and let it sit like that. If your tank isn't full, the cold air outside can cause condensation on the inside of the tank, and in the summer you may end up with water in your fuel.

My bike started up within 3 seconds of pushing the starter for the first time after taking it out of winter storage. :)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
dracus,

Can you recommend a brand name?

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
494 Posts
Visitor Q said:
dracus,

Can you recommend a brand name?

Thanks.
Jason
Pretty much all fuel system cleaner is the same. Just go to a gas station and get some fuel injection system cleaner and pour it in your nearly-empty tank, then fill it up with gas and go ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts