• No, Never Will

Votes: 286 52.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so i'm new around here and actually don't own a bike yet...however am getting one next season but on my way home from work this morning I noticed a sportbike running from a cop on Rt. 66...not trying to advocate this practice or glorify it just wondering if this is common among sportbike riders...have any of you out there ever done this?

By the way as you probably guessed it dude on the bike was a squid...no gear at all other than sunglasses..lol

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Getting a ticket sucks, but I'd rather have that on my record than all the charges that come from running. Besides, it just endangers too many innocent people and the cops have a hard enough job as it is.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Let's make sure we don't loose focus on this thread. Stay on topic and no cop bashing.....

Yes I have, yes I got away, and yes I was a dumba$$ at that time. Take it from my experiences. It's never worth your life or someone else's to run. Most of the time if you simply pull over ASAP you will get a good tongue lashing and nothing more.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i did once but i dont really think it counts...
everyone was at a spot watching some stunts, cop pulls up with the spot light on and before he even gets a chance to flip the lights everyone started running out of there.
He didnt really chance anyone considering there was about 30 bikes and just him but everyone got up and left quickly before he changed his mind.

either way, i dont plan on running, its better to take the ticket than to lose your bike, lose your license, and/or go to jail.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I dunno how much response you will get to this thread for people being scared of the law, because they do this on a daily basis....

Had one time where I made a bad choice........Long story short thought a buddy was telling me we were clear ( he was a squid and had hand signals all mixed up ) but in no way was this his fault.

So im rolling at about 35 when I deciede to click her down and stomp 1-5.......as im shifting into 6th I realize he didnt mean that it was clean, he meant there was a cop right in front of us gunning people........as I glance down I was definatly in the higher mid end of triple digits.....so as I roll off the throttle I look behind me he is trying to pull out but he has no luck because of the traffic that was gathered behind us....so for a split second it hits me.

YOUR GOING TO JAIL DUDE.....and your bike is gonna be hard as fxck to get back, so after downshifting a couple of gears to slow down I pulled back on the throttle and began the mayham....Im not even gonna go any farther honest to God I get shaky every time I even think about it....

End of story I end up locking up the brakes for so long, im not even gonna try to explain in feet or yards, ( but lets say between a quarter or half of a football field) and I went back that night in my car to look......so no BS.....after locking the brakes up I ducked into a turn, where it got even worse, but I didnt get caught and I didnt die so I got lucky.

After that night I swore to myself and God, that I would never be out of control like that ever again, and I would keep it all on the track......this was about 3 years ago....He gave me a second chance and a lot of guys don't get that.

so honestly guys, don't do it, its not worth it I have lost a couple of friends to the same story I just told and some of them didnt even have a chance and they knew it. ITS A DEATH SENTANCE...

·
Registered
194 Posts
i outrun the cops all the time. i use to make a game out of it by finding them, rip a wheelie and get them to chase. usually it would be late at night so there is less traffic, more fun for the chase. i really dont care if i get bashed here, no one knows me so if they talk trash on the internet it wont change my life.
ive never been caught but if you cant ride worth a crap then you will get busted sooner or later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i want to add, straight away top speed isnt the method i use to get away. ive lived in my town for 25 years so i know all the little spots that bikes can fit and cars cant. i use little path ways, fences and such to my advantage. its fun to smoke them then wait on the other side of a tight path that the car cant fit. give them the bird and ride out.
always wear a helmet because if they see your face they can identify you. if they dont see your face, even if they get your tag you can argue in court that it wasnt you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
+ 1 on low speed hiding, haha thats what we did when we used to street race every weekend ( when I had my mustang ) kinda hard to hide big cam cars sometimes as my buddy found out.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Adrenalin really gets going when running from leo's which makes you push your limits way past your skill. It is extremely dangerous and I do not encourage anyone to make it a habit. Especially if you do not have much experience riding fast. But if I am triple digits and on a back road there is no way I am going to jail.

Just last month I pulled over for doing 80 in a 65 on a lone back road. The cop wrote me for everything imaginable. I figured he would tell us to slow it down and be safe as we were all wearing gear. Never again. Lots of back roads around here where you might see a car every 10-30 minutes. But if I were in town or around lots of traffic no way would I attempt to run

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i outrun the cops all the time. i use to make a game out of it by finding them, rip a wheelie and get them to chase. usually it would be late at night so there is less traffic, more fun for the chase. i really dont care if i get bashed here, no one knows me so if they talk trash on the internet it wont change my life.
ive never been caught but if you cant ride worth a crap then you will get busted sooner or later.

oooooooo aahhhhhhhh
:j:

i never got the chance to chase a dumbass runner when i worked patrol but i always wanted the opportunity to chase someone until they screwed up and splattered themselves all over the place.
it makes for a good story to tell the kids at drivers ed.

·
Banned
120 Posts
The only time that I would attempt anything is if the cop were at a disadvantage in getting to me quickly: such as across the median, in the grass, blocked by traffic, etc. At that point, the only thing I would consider doing is lane splitting (illegal here) to make ground.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The time I ran from the cops I was on my Yamaha PW80 and I was 6 years old. I was riding around the block then saw him come up on me with lights. My dad was at the end of the block so I tried to make it to him. The cop stopped and was cracking up the whole time, he thought I was cute. I was tiny for my age, so even the PW80 at the time was big for me. Needless to say it did not come with a beating.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its fun to smoke them then wait on the other side of a tight path that the car cant fit. give them the bird and ride out.
I have to say that reading this made my day...i for one respect cops (the good ones) that actually make my city a safer place but as for traffic cops that pull out their ticket book more than their gun i think they deserve to be f'd with every once and a while by someone just to get them off their high horse

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good for you. You sound like a real tough guy. Sorry if I am a bit biased on this one, but a couple years ago I was working for my County as a Paramedic and an armed robbery suspect chose to run from a patrol unit, (They don't chase people for traffic violations).

Wel, the driver of the patrol car was a rookie with his FTO in the passenger seat, (a guy I knew pretty well). The suspect passed a vehicle on the right shoulder and the patrol car followed. The driver of the vehicle being passed heard the sirens and attempted to pull to the right, hitting the patrol car.

The patrol car spun around and hit the guardrail with the rear, rupturing the fuel tank. We were right around the corner, but, by the time we pulled up the patrol car caught fire. We couldn't even get close to the car as ammo was firing off in the trunk, (the FTO was a SWAT officer and had plenty of ammo).

All we could do was sit there, hearing them scream in pain as they burned to death. Afterwards, we had to remove what was left of the bodies from the car. We actually had to cut the lower portion of one of the officer's leg with a saws-all to get him out.

I will never forget one second of that day for the rest of my life and I almost left my career over it.

Keep it up, tough guy. Just remember what the consequences can be.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
When i first got my bike I ran. Got away but I wont do it again been to a couple of motorcycle accidents now and seen how bad they were banged up. its not worth the trouble. Just pull over the worst your going to get is a ticket if you didnt do anything serious. And KTFO. I hope one day you crash. and get hurt teach yourself a lesson.

If not worth the pain and suffering you could possibly put on your family. Even the most experienced riders crash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
oh I've got stories...good and bad.

this is a good one.
I riding by myself on this 6 lane road in SE Michigan when another bike pulls up and wants to run. What the heck- no traffic- So its on and as luck would have it just as we crest a hill in the triple digits we fly by a radar trap. totally lit up.

I look back and the cop coming after us. We're in the burbs. No freeway nearby, what to do?

We both keep going and as we approach a red light I roll off while the other guy looks like he's going to go through it. Hummmm, I decide to gamble on the cops testosterone level and brake hard, as the other guy punches through the light I pull off to the curb, stop and act like I'm taking my helmet off.

The speeding cop slows down a tick points at me and keeps going...30 seconds later I'm hauling ass down the side streets- Humming freebird.

I think the most important thing to remember is most of the bikes get caught because they make a mistake (and crash). So it's best to weigh the consequences of both actions-running or stopping, before you get yourself over your head.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does flying past a cop that is hauling ass the opposite the direction.....seing him brake dive in your side view and dropping down a few gears to "stretch your legs out a bit" and just happening to turn of the road and riding "spirited" down some back roads while hearing said LEO flying past on the wrong road count.

If not then I have never ran from the police. And for record I've done the same thing in a car....I figure if they want to write the ticket I shouldn;t gift wrap if for them.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
i want to add, straight away top speed isnt the method i use to get away. ive lived in my town for 25 years so i know all the little spots that bikes can fit and cars cant. i use little path ways, fences and such to my advantage. its fun to smoke them then wait on the other side of a tight path that the car cant fit. give them the bird and ride out.
always wear a helmet because if they see your face they can identify you. if they dont see your face, even if they get your tag you can argue in court that it wasnt you.

your a fukin douchebag...first of all , if you lived in your town for 25 years I would assume that at least one cop knows you, your bike , or your helmet, And i would say jacket but i doubt your squid azz wears one.... so please go be a tough guy somewhere else where people don't know any better... Go blow smoke up someone else's azz!!!

you been watching to many movies!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts