Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No idea how this happened but the coolant overflow tank somehow got a hole in the top. It looks burned but it's not by the head or exhaust. No coolant was left in it. I noticed it when I was changing the oil.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing, it wasn't out of position and the bolt was tight so it couldn't move which has me scratching my head at how this happened.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never noticed a difference in sound or performance so I don't think there are any exhaust leaks.

When went to replace the tank, the breather hose was very fragile and cracked into 100 pcs. Does anyone have any clear pictures of how the breather hose is supposed to be routed. I don't want it to melt on the engine or exhaust. I looked at the manual but still not 100% clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No idea how this happened but the coolant overflow tank somehow got a hole in the top. It looks burned but it's not by the head or exhaust. No coolant was left in it. I noticed it when I was changing the oil.

Mine did the same thing. I found the coolant hose from the radiator was rubbing on the top of the reservoir. I cut about 10mm from the hose where it connects to the radiator. Allowing the hose to sit higher opening up the clearance from the reservoir. It hasn’t happened again. Good luck

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine did the same thing. I found the coolant hose from the radiator was rubbing on the top of the reservoir. I cut about 10mm from the hose where it connects to the radiator. Allowing the hose to sit higher opening up the clearance from the reservoir. It hasn’t happened again. Good luck
Thanks for the reply. I will look into that for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts