Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride after 60 mph or so and I slow down for a long light my bike has reached tempatures in upwards of 233 degrees. Now, I am no expert but I do believe this is a little hot, too hot. So, has this happened to anyone? And does the bike really have a kill switch when the tempature reaches 250+ degrees?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've HEARD that 270 is when you hit the "danger zone". I would say that 230's could be normal depending on air temperature and how long you're sitting at the light. Do you hear the fan kick on when you get to about 220? If not, you need to get that checked out. I regularly hit 225 and am convinced that the only thing keeping it from getting hotter is the traffic light turning green.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I dunno, I think I might have only hit 230 ONCE stopped in 90+ degree weather, usually it'll top out at 227 or so before I seem to either start moving or park it. Normal temp for me at 60+ freeways speeds is 180 if it's less than 80 degrees then it will go to 190 if it's 90 outside or so, but it does climb into the 200s cruising on a warm day.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
my bike hits 230 in bad stop and go traffic on a warm day. Its always done that since i bought it from the dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My buddy's '03 RR did that for the longest time. He would see temperatures as high as 238F but usually ran at around 235F in any kind of stop and go. He usually ran 5-10F hotter than my bike and we have the same set up. After three trips to the Honda dealership that he bought the bike from, they finally listened to us and checked the thermostat. Turned out we were right, he thermostat and thermostat seal were faulty. Now....no more hot bike.

·
Registered
419 Posts
In heavy stop and go traffic I usally run in the 220-230 range and my fan kicks in at 222. When I was having a problem with the commend 2003 RR no start condition the dealer told me that 230 degrees was nothing to worry about but if it starts to go into the 255 degrees range then the bike is starting to run hot. I don't know, it sounds a little too high if you ask me. Since my bike will be down for most of the winter maybe i'll get off of my lazy a$$ and make a overshoot thermostat for it . :idea:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts