Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm stuck on the side of the road and the bike started oveheating due to the fan not starting. Any ideas what I can do to mend this problem? I'm 15 min from home and traffic is killer.

Sent while sitting on the crapper.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
You could try to splice the hot wire for the fan into something that has power, like running lights.

Sent from deep in the swamps of Louisiana.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
did the bike get over 230? best bet is to let it cool all the way down and see if you lost any coolant. LET IT COOL ALL THE WAY DOWN before trying to remove the cap. if you have coolant, i would take the next exit and hit some back roads with less traffic and nurse it home and be careful to watch the temp all the way. not sure why your fan isn't coming on.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the bike yet, but does the fan have its own fuse? If so, check that and see if you can swap a fuse over from some other unnecessary circuit.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did the bike get over 230? best bet is to let it cool all the way down and see if you lost any coolant. LET IT COOL ALL THE WAY DOWN before trying to remove the cap. if you have coolant, i would take the next exit and hit some back roads with less traffic and nurse it home and be careful to watch the temp all the way. not sure why your fan isn't coming on.
A bit of fluid came out but not too much, it went up to 125c so not sure what that is in Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
that's 257*F. so yea you got a little hot. can you get out of traffic and hit some side roads without traffic to keep air flowing thru the rad? to properly diagnose that fan, you will need to do some testing with the multimeter.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, only place I could have turned to thanks to my phone. Did some illegal maneuvers to get onto some side roads, not proud, but it had to be done and coasted her home. Now the fun begins.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
check the fuse, and the relay and also you can jump the fan right to the battery to test it. you also have a temperature sensor that you can bypass to test as well.

if you need help just ask. or search around.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that was an easy fix, turns out the fan couldn't spin cuz it was rubbing against the rad so all I had to do was bend the two brackets. Would've been nice to spot this while on the side of the road rather then freaking out.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use to stunt the bike and so I guess from doing stoppies. Guess that's why stunters reinforce their rads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts