Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

881 - 894 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
I'm jealous of the weight of your bike. I'm curious how I can get an accurate reading on mine.
i'm very fortunate to have the manager of the track to have as a friend & i'm in good terms with the track marshals so i got ask them a favor to use the weighing scale, it's pretty accurate i might say. It's gonna get lighter after i install my new race fairings, lightened crank in the other engine. I'm already planning to replace the crankcase bolts with titanium. Gonna try & hit 160kg (352lb).

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #882
I wonder if a truck scale, like the ones at the dump would be too inaccurate. Seems like they are used for vehicles in the 5,000 lb weight capacity, not 400 lb.
the scale we use is also for cars so i think it should be decently accurate for bikes.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
time to update this build,
got my new Bonamici race rearsets from Moto-D & just in time before my birthday! can't wait to try them out at the track.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #884
feeling better & because today is a special day i decided to install my new Bonamici Racing rearsets, they're the reverse shift pattern which requires the side stand to be removed. waiting for the stainless steel bolts to arrive so i can install the shift lever assy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bizarre. With my Sato's on Gp shift there was no issue with the side stand. Mind you, it took some time to get them perfect. Lots & lots of adjustment points.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
Bizarre. With my Sato's on Gp shift there was no issue with the side stand. Mind you, it took some time to get them perfect. Lots & lots of adjustment points.

the Sato has multiple linkages which i don't like, too many moving parts,,too many things that can go wrong. i also have no need for the sidestand as i would want to make the bike lighter.

setting up the shift lever on this rearsets is becoming a PITA, first the bolt holes on the shift lever mounts don't line up with the threads on the frame so i had to grind the hole longer. the shiftrod also touches the water pump housing when i put the rod end on the farthest setting to make the throw shorter.

everything else is fine.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I love 'em, I had no clearance issues once I figured them out. They (the Sato's) are infinitly adjustable so installing them took quite a bit of thought to come up with the ideal configuration. When I thought I had them done I'd wake up the next day with a better plan. In the end, I nailed them but it was actually one of the harder things I've had to do.

What I found really nice was being able to adjust the throw. I've got the most positive shifts possible. All the extra effort during the install made a huge difference. I was also able to dial out a right leg cramp that would appear from time to time during rear brake application. That alone was worth it as it was dibiliating.

They also saved my fairings three times. I had my front wheel off and the boards it was sitting on was distrubed by someone and the bike fell on its side. This happened twice, once on each side :) The sato's saved the day. Almost zero damage.

GP shift also makes a really good excuse for not being able to accomodate the legions of people that want to take the bike for a ride :)

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #888
a little milling & a little filing & the shift rod clears the water pump housing, the throw is now where i like it, i wish the shift lever is a bit longer though, might have to move the pegs 1 position forward but we'll see after i put the fairings back again & take it out for a shakedown run. i'm also excited to try out my new GP style muffler, it's smaller & lighter than the old Akrapovic CF muffler.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
better late than never, time to ditch the old akrapovic cf muffler in favor of a smaller &
lighter (louder) GP megaphone replica muffler, next time you hear this at the track it will be screaming loud.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
My new Athena cylinder head gaskets have arrived from Italy, bought 2 of each thicknesses to decrease squish clearance & increase compression ratio. 0.35mm & 0.40mm, the Cometic gaskets are only 0.45mm thick, this should bump up power a bit across the rpm range.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
Where is overrev ? Long time no see.
I'm still alive & virus free. Bike build is almost done, I haven't updated this thread yet, was busy in the last couple of years. Much has been done & I actually raced it last year.

881 - 894 of 894 Posts