Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Looks like a nice bag...how would it fall off into the wheels? I would think if anything it would fly off behind you never to be noticed or seen again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BH600 said:
Looks like a nice bag...how would it fall off into the wheels? I would think if anything it would fly off behind you never to be noticed or seen again.
Actually my first tailpack was from a major name company using built in bungees. The bungee clip snapped off one side (it was plastic) and so since the other side was firm it cocked the bag and was 2" from my chain eating it up........


I wouldnt trust my llife with a bungee cord. What you want is something physically locking the bag to the bike, in this case the strap that is loced on by your cowl means the bag is permamnently fixed to the bike even if the bungees decide to part.

This one uses metal hook ends for the bungees.


Like I said, this is the highest quality bag I own between backpacks, travelling luggage, and whatever else. Its just a shame I dont do the type of riding to warrant keeping it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
I've got the same exact bag. I love it. Very sturdy and will never go anywhere. Between the straps and bungee cords it's really solid. Lots of room and with iut behind u u never feel it and doesn't get in your way. No it's not a tank bag. You can buy an option from oxford to convert it but I haven't found anyone that has it yet. But I really really like this bag. It also expands to a size to hold a helmet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mabbottusmc said:
I've got the same exact bag. I love it. Very sturdy and will never go anywhere. Between the straps and bungee cords it's really solid. Lots of room and with iut behind u u never feel it and doesn't get in your way. No it's not a tank bag. You can buy an option from oxford to convert it but I haven't found anyone that has it yet. But I really really like this bag. It also expands to a size to hold a helmet.

Agreed, this is the mercedes of tankbags. Super solid, versatile, well designed, looks good, and is built to last forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,456 Posts
You guys that have it, do you think it would still work putting it on the seat cowl or do you have to have the passenger seat on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GA_RR said:
You guys that have it, do you think it would still work putting it on the seat cowl or do you have to have the passenger seat on?
I tested it with both, it is pictured on the factory cowl in my pics
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top