Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard in my MSF course that in hot weather, you should carry something to support your sidestand on hot asphalt. What you guys use? Do they sell anything like that? I can't think of anything in my house that would be do the job but then I might have missed the obvious.

·
Registered
163 Posts
when i took the coarse they gave us what seemed to be exactly resembing a coaster but plastic, thats what i got, didnt need it yet considering i got my bike in october, but i hear standing on asphalt long in the sun is a problem, and definetly on grass u'll sink right in if its not solid. Yeah i think they sell it just got surk around the misc./accesories pages.
P.S.-thats all we could fit in our trunks might as well place it in there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
do you have one of those can openers that cut from the side? when you open a big can of soup, keep the top. voila! (or if you want something thicker, use both the top and bottom of the can and tape it together.)

V

·
0 Posts
Just stomp on a coke can and use that. I got a nice stand pad when I was at Bike week, they were handing them out. It is like a diamond plate pattern made from thick plastic.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My uncle gave me one of those "pucks" after I got my bike. It says Progressive on it. You might want to check your insurance agent to see if they give them out. They are definitely good to have on hot days.

V

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah, sometimes I use one of my flip flops, or I take off my wife beater and wad it up and put it underneath there on a hot day. :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ragamuffin said:
do you have one of those can openers that cut from the side? when you open a big can of soup, keep the top. voila! (or if you want something thicker, use both the top and bottom of the can and tape it together.)
:lol2: I could imagine pulling that out from under the passenger seat. That'd be funny. But is that enough support though? I thought that might be a little thin.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
You dont need alot of thickness, the 1 1/16th I use is prob overkill but it was easy for me to get. Its the surface area that counts the most and whether you are in a very hot location.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ewgf said:
:lol2: I could imagine pulling that out from under the passenger seat. That'd be funny. But is that enough support though? I thought that might be a little thin.
the side-cutting can openers do not leave a sharp edge. two of them are thick enough for asphalt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts