Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
most any shop should be able to get them redone, they just have to get the paint through honda. Had mine redone in black no problem, though the blue is a much more rare color.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taguy001 said:
most any shop should be able to get them redone, they just have to get the paint through honda. Had mine redone in black no problem, though the blue is a much more rare color.
that's kinda why i was asking. i know black, white etc are pretty easy, but this blue isn't the easiest to match and i want it damn near pefect. so basically go to honda and get the paint? and then find someone who knows WTF they are doing and have them do it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you find a good shop they should be able to get the paint for you, if not try going into your bike dealership and getting it through them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
lil, probably eaiser to do it around you at an auto shop., should'nt cost more than $150 tho. its very little work. its like painting a spoiler, but it may take a while to come back cause its such a low priced job.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
go to www.colorrite.com and follow the instructions to find your factory paint. I bought a pint of the exact color and a pint of the clearcoat. Then just bring that to any autobody place and they will spray your bike for you with the paint and clearcoat you give them. It should save you some money too since you are using your own paint.

·
Registered
351 Posts
lil' redneck girl said:
that's kinda why i was asking. i know black, white etc are pretty easy, but this blue isn't the easiest to match and i want it damn near pefect. so basically go to honda and get the paint? and then find someone who knows WTF they are doing and have them do it?
It is not a problem getting any paint as long as you have the paint code
no 2 are the same. So all your local body shop does is look it up,order it and done.
If you are looking to save some money.Because I am not sure if the body shop lets you keep whatever is left over or . Order your own like stated above and just bring it to the dealership and have them spray it for you

·
Registered
807 Posts
lil' redneck girl,

im bringing mine to sprayglo right in town, they should be able to do it for at most 150.
VinRR got his done for a real nice deal and u've seen his bike, it looks perfect (granted they just had to painted it gloss black) but i think they can do it just fine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts