Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... im looking to paint my own bike... im actually in the works of repairing cracks and rash to the fairings...

have any of you painted your bikes at home? if so... how did you go about it? and please post pictures.... i do love pictures!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I have not painted a whole bike but I have painted/ repaired a friends at home (from a low side). Basically all we did was make a little room by hanging sheets with duct tape from the celing to the floor. There is an autobody paint shopt in town and they did all of the mixing for us and/ or advised us how to mix the paint/ clear. I think it came out ok (can you tell anything happened from the pics) If you have questions please feel free to contact me. Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just FYI the bike had less than 800 miles on it low speed woops. (His first bike. Found out sand was bad the hard way. Has sliders now) left signal had to be replaced, front had to be repaired (cracked) cover had to be stripped and repainted, left fairing was scratched, and replaced stickers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
juiceman said:
Well I have not painted a whole bike but I have painted/ repaired a friends at home (from a low side). Basically all we did was make a little room by hanging sheets with duct tape from the celing to the floor. There is an autobody paint shopt in town and they did all of the mixing for us and/ or advised us how to mix the paint/ clear. I think it came out ok (can you tell anything happened from the pics) If you have questions please feel free to contact me. Good luck
what kind of equipment did you use? spray gun? compressor?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
malkavian, Your bike looks hot man.Where did you get those grommets for around the frame sliders,or did you make them?It makes it all look so clean.Please fill me in!

·
Registered
634 Posts
love the black lowers with red honda.... where did you get the different color honda stickers from

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
malkavian, Your bike looks hot man.Where did you get those grommets for around the frame sliders,or did you make them?It makes it all look so clean.Please fill me in!
Have them on my bike as well.

They are furniture grommets. Available in various sizes at any hardware store. Picked mine up at Home Depot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
T CBR H,

Yep, spray gun and compressor. The more OCD you are about a clean work area and not getting trash in the pain the better it will turn out. Don't rush putting on the paint coats and clear.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
juiceman said:
T CBR H,

Yep, spray gun and compressor. The more OCD you are about a clean work area and not getting trash in the pain the better it will turn out. Don't rush putting on the paint coats and clear.
i guess its time to invest in a compressor huh? sweet job btw.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
malkavian, i wanna know how you did the red in the Honda imprint on the clutch cover. just tape it off and go slow?

·
Registered
223 Posts
malkavian, Sweet paint job looks really good. ;-)

·
Registered
423 Posts
love the black lowers with red honda.... where did you get the different color honda stickers from
no stickers everything is painted.

i wanna know how you did the red in the Honda imprint on the clutch cover. just tape it off and go slow?
just used a small brush and laid the paint into the letters after he painted it.

How much does a job like that run, that paint job is seriously hot

He said he wouldnt do one like that again for under 1800.00 But you have to remember everything is painted and then he cut and cleared it 5 times so there are no ridges in the paint at all and its super slick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
T CBR H said:
juiceman said:
T CBR H,

i guess its time to invest in a compressor huh? sweet job btw.
I have a compressor sitting on my storage. If you're seriously considering painting your bike, pm me I'd like to help.

I'm also thinking of painting my bike but I don't have the space. I believe were both from Granada Hills

1 - 20 of 35 Posts