Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you might think this is nuts, but what would you think about painting the Akra Hex Carbon Fiber muffler? I'm just not digging the carbon fiber look, but I like the can itself. My bike is all black so the kind of shiny reflective grey of the carbon really sticks out. I know a professional painter who will sand the surface and paint it solid black, and clear coat it for me. I also removed the Akra sticker and he said he could probably get the indent out of the can as well.

Opinions? I can't decide for sure, and once I do it, theres obviously no going back.

I did it using Photoshop, but its kinda hard to tell that way.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think that's crazy talk...but if you dig it go for it...I LOVE the looks of carbon, and on an all black bike like yours the can should pop just right.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. Actually, it does look good. The only thing I find thats a little off is that I have nothing else on the bike thats carbon fiber and dont plan on getting anything that is, so the can looks a little out of place. The thing that makes the decision harder is that my buddy is one of the best painters in Minneapolis, but hes got two huge jobs starting next week so this is the last week he'll have time to do it for a while so if I don't do it now, it will be a while.

I think you guys helped me make up my mind though. Im gonna leave it as is for right now. I'm not 100% sure I wanna do it so I'd better leave it alone for now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I agree with you. If you don't have anything else on your bike that is Carbon....then it would really stand out. I am not really a fan of carbon either but, I am sure that it still looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts