Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know if it would ever be helpful, but since you guys have the bikes, you keep an eye out for CBR's like I do. Sorry if this is a misplaced post, I'm just bummin' about this discouraging situation.

Southbay / SoCal area (Torrance):

Four guys in a Honda Prelude followed a car into my secured parking garage and, from the security tapes, hot wired mine and my friends bikes and drove them straight out around 12:00PM yesterday (Thursday, February 16th).

2005 all black with a KR Tuned carbon fiber exhaust and a custom carbon fiber license plate holder.

2007 silver / black completely stock but road rash on one side, frame slider shows it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Thieves are getting braver on the daily.
From what I read on here, it's almost not even worth having a bike in SoCal with the ridiculously high rate of theft.

Good luck on finding your bike(s). Unfortunately though, they are probably long gone. Do you have a full coverage insurance policy?

·
Registered
358 Posts
A buddy of mine told me about bikes being stolen from Southern California being smuggled into Mexico and chopped. Spineless. Absolutely spineless. :(

It's terrible. I wish you the best. Have faith man. Hopefully something will work out in your favor.

I hope all thieves die over and over again for what they do to those of us who work for our possessions.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That sounds horrible. I wish you the best,I hope you had comprehensive coverage for theft reasons. It sucks having something you work hard for and having it stolen. I know exactly how you feel.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thieves are getting braver on the daily.
From what I read on here, it's almost not even worth having a bike in SoCal with the ridiculously high rate of theft.

Good luck on finding your bike(s). Unfortunately though, they are probably long gone. Do you have a full coverage insurance policy?
except for the whole year round riding thing, 75 degrees in february. ive had my bike in so cal for 2 years. never been stolen. lived in 1 shi!ty apt complex in oside. 1 half way decent one in vista neither of which had gates. you just have to make yours hard to steal, such as a big chain and parking your car in front of your bike

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hit up craigslist for any parts that appear that could have been yours.

This has happened a lot. Stealing a bike and selling it bit by bit. They could sell the whole thing and junk a frame and nobody would know it was hot.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
The things i would do if i catch one of those bike theives
i had 2 of my CBR'S stolen my first F2 ( 1991 )and my
second F3 (1995) yeah i had full coverage but the money
i got at the time did not get me half the bike i had or money
i spent on either machine

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i hate that state! im really sorry for your loss, great looking bike.

i wonder why they targeted the Honda? how long was it from when the drove in to when the bikes rode out? helps to know what the thiefs time was. this kinda lets you know if you even stand a chance of seeing it again (longer time it took them the better chances are)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lol, I love how everyone chimes in on how they hate cali. I guess you have to find something to justify why you likely live in a shitty state.

hahaha No shi*.
assholes steal stuff all around the world.

some of you people sound quite daft

OP, hope you get the bike back.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Bike theft is definitely everywhere. I do think that it is way more prevalent in the SoCal area though with these cartels jacking bikes and bringing them back over the mexican border. It is almost an epidemic from articles I have read and from things I have read on here.

I don't hate Cali, and I'd love to visit someday. I don't think that I would live there though. Cali is pretty much it's own country.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts