Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
when i first saw it i was thinkin, how the hell do they do that?
then i looked at it from the other side (over the transmission) and i got it pretty easy. just takes patience and some good needle nose pliers.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Dan Kyle might ship out there, or you can have someone here get them for you and ship them out.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
How do I acquire these PAIR removal plates?
Dan Kyle has them, you can give him a call, this is from his site.
Telephone (831) 394-1330
(866) 667-4925 Toll Free

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
u can use the stock plates and cap the top w/ a rubber plug or cap.
thats all i did after removing the reeds from under them, then i just used some silicone rtv sealant.

the dan kyle plates might save u a few grams.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
dammit. I'm a newbie when it comes to taking the bike apart. I'm pretty much just scared of screwing up and breaking something expensive.

But damn this write up is excellent. I'm gonna do it soon as that intake from nemessis comes my way.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Weight savings.

·
Registered
226 Posts
what i dont get it. what is PAIR and why remove it....just for weight savings? and how much weight?

·
Registered
71 Posts
what i dont get it. what is PAIR and why remove it....just for weight savings? and how much weight?
BUMP^^^^
Im curious too, is there a performance bonus or just weight, and how much weight are we talking plz?

D

·
0 Posts
It's mainly to get an accurate F/A ratio over weight savings.

Just did my removal. I honestly think that I now know the pain that women go through during child birth. I hope I never have to take the air box out again.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You don't have to remove the PAIR system to get an accurate A/F reading. You can just clamp off the hose to accomplish the same thing for a dyno tune. So it really does come down to weight savings. :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think someone weighed it before and it was maybe around 1lb or so. Not really much for a street rider, but for someone chasing down every bit of weight for a track bike it's probably worth it to them. I did mine just because I was working in that area anyways and figured it would be easier when I go to get tuned.

·
Rizoma King
485 Posts
It's mainly to get an accurate F/A ratio over weight savings.

Just did my removal. I honestly think that I now know the pain that women go through during child birth. I hope I never have to take the air box out again.
Yeah, I completely agree Demented. It was good to get all that useless junk outta there tho. She'll be seeing the dyno very soon now.

Great writeup Paul!

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much were the block of plates ?

21 - 40 of 139 Posts