Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
CELO...

I've noticed a drop off on my MPG too, but I'm guessing mine is from PC3 dumping fuel from the dyno jet map I put on it for my fullsystem/air filter. Going to get it to the shop for them to tune it and see if my MPG improves.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
:evil3:
I broke the little thingy that goes into the little hose!!

I hope I dont have to buy that part now. I looked on bikebandit and apparently its an $88 sensor!!:cwm21:
I'll try plastic welding it but I dont know if it'll hold with the heat....
Any know what that part is called and if its REALLY that sensor?

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Sorry man, dont know.

OT, did you run that map I sent you?

nah, i didnt get to try any maps yet. I was too busy fighting with everything I was taking off the bike. But I DID get a lot done : installed bazzaz, installed strebel nautilus horn, PAIR, intake mod, Servo, new sliders, took off the stock headers for my Arrow ones that are coming on Wed. and ALSO had to plastic weld that little piece I broke on the sensor (I hope it holds- so far no issues)
Once I put the arrow headers on on Wed. I'll get a chance to ride with the new maps:biggrin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
awesome writeup man, i plan on doing this soon but have never removed my fuel tank before...does releasing the fuel line pressure prevent any leakage of fuel from the tank? if not, how can i prevent this? my tank is 3/4 full right now and i dont want any of that precious liquid gold spilling onto the garage floor. thanks guys.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Quick question regarding this mod. Will this mod change the sound of the bike coming fromt the airbox area? Reason I ask is, a buddy of mine recently purchased a 600rr with this mod done to it already, I noticed when I took it out for a test ride that it had a bit more sound coming from right under the airbox area / ram air area. I really can't explain the sound, but it almost sounds like an open airbox. I have already checked the air box and the filter was there, I proceeded to look further and noticed the block off plates. Just wondering if that could make the difference in sound. Other then the plates, air filter, exhaust are both stock. The ram air does not look gutted. There is no loss in power, it just sounds much louder. Thanks in advance for any help....

·
Registered
56 Posts
since this blocks ambient air....does this mean its advantageous for power?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So ya'll saying you have to have a PC to retune it if you do this mod??

·
Registered
131 Posts
the instructions didnt say anything about the tube on the left side of the air box. i just plugged it back into the airbox, and sealed the right hole.

if im understanding this correctly its just the three tubes, two from the pair and one going into the right side of the airbox is removed.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Great write-up Paul.

Question for all. So, the only advantage to this as opposed to plugging it up is a 1lb savings? You're telling me the reeds & cap weighs 1lb?

Screw that...I'm plugging it up.

But which three plugs am I suppose to plug up? The three from this?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
That's it?!!! Awesome. Thx bro!

Fak! But seriously, does the cap & reeds weigh 1lbs? That's hard to believe because the Evap canister I just took off weighed 1.75 lbs.
no prob Nem.:shakehand

yea, its about a pound or a few oz more. its not like our old 05-06's where everything weighed alot. the evap can weighed more than 1.75 if i can remember.

but thats my next thing to take off...the evap canister. but to do that, the shock needs to come out.
im lazy to do it, so ill probably wait til i get an aftermarket shock.:drunk:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
no prob Nem.:shakehand

yea, its about a pound or a few oz more. its not like our old 05-06's where everything weighed alot. the evap can weighed more than 1.75 if i can remember.

but thats my next thing to take off...the evap canister. but to do that, the shock needs to come out.
im lazy to do it, so ill probably wait til i get an aftermarket shock.:drunk:
I weighed the canister and it weighed in at 1.75lbs. Also, you DON'T have to remove the rear shock. Just remove your rear wheel, unbolt & remove the suspension links and push the rear shock away from the evap. It'll give you enough clearance to remove the Evap Canister.

I just did it last night.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
I weighed the canister and it weighed in at 1.75lbs. Also, you DON'T have to remove the rear shock. Just remove your rear wheel, unbolt & remove the suspension links and push the rear shock away from the evap. It'll give you enough clearance to remove the Evap Canister.

I just did it last night.
right on mang. thanks for the info.
ive been reading around here and have read that the shock had to come out.
youre the man Nem.
:crackup:

61 - 80 of 139 Posts