Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around here, and I didn't see any posts about this. Anyone have an opinion about this recent development?

Personally, if he did intentionally and knowingly use, then I say f**king ban him from the game, wipe him from the record books, kill the contract and send him home. And all the rest of the users too, Bonds, Sosa, etc...

Not only that, but he committed perjury in from of Congress for cryin out loud. How f**ked up is baseball, that f**king Congress has to step in?! Makes me sad and angry all at the same time.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
thing is, there are a lot of like little nutritional supplements i believe that are actually considered banned, and not like the anabolic steroids. he may have taken somethin not knowin it was on the banned list or knowing that supplement was in it.

however i do find that hard to believe. i dont know if they would ban him cuz you seen what happened to mcgwire who all but admitted taking it, nothing. and i dont think they could erase his stats, i believe there should be a note next to it perhaps, but he was still a great player..dont think steroids was all fo that.

maybe they should have seperate stat books, one for the clean players and one for the "juiced up" players haha, that way their stats stay, but everyone knows whta they did

i was just tryin to portray both sides of the story, but i do find it hard to believe he didnt know...how can u not know your taking somethin like that

·
Registered
899 Posts
i saw an interview today with a doctor on espn...he was talking about what palmeiro took and there is only two ways to take it...pill or shot in the fanny...he also said it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for rafael not to know what he was taking

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That same doc said they ID'ed what he was using, and that it is an anabolic steroid. Juicing is cheating, and I don't think it should be tolerated at all. Maybe a "three strikes" rule for juicing? Pop 3 times and you're out? These guys all piss me off. Just smearing more mud on the face of America's favorite pasttime.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did he say it was? Stenozonol or something close? Either way he's a liar. Anyone cought doing this crap should get the boot IMHO.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Stanozolol

can help athletes avoid being sidelined by injury and make them perform better -- but it's so easily detected that one expert said he's amazed any player subject to drug screening would dare use it.

"No tested athlete in their right mind should be using that drug," said Charles Yesalis of Pennsylvania State University, who said he was "shocked" when he heard reports that the Baltimore Orioles slugger had tested positive for the drug.

No known masking agent can hide stanozolol use from a drug screen, said Dr. Gary Wadler of New York University, an expert on drug use by athletes. When taken by pill it can linger in the body and be detected for several weeks to a month, while an injection can be identified for up to several months, he said.

what was raffy thinking

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
maybe he was thinking that because he's been around for so long he'd fly under the radar... i don't know but it's sad, in my opinion. growing up watching, playing, and going to games i never saw any kind of "enhancement" drugs and the way that athletes are today it's almost as if a player has to take it to compete.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i think its just crap that they're finally letting this out, they've been suspending about 10 other guys you've never heard about...and now that palmeiro is getting suspended, its this huge ordeal again on sportscenter...maybe they'll really start getting the big boyz, here's an easy way to check: take their rookie baseball card and compare that to how the look now, if they're about 6 inches wider, might be a good indication

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MLB wanted to wait for him to hit his 3000 hits mark first. How much you want to bet they'll say "He wasn't using when he went in front of the Congressmen or when he got to 3000, just recently is all we can prove." It's all BS too.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The common name is Winstrol. There have been reports of some shady companies putting real steroids in their supplements in order to sell more. In many cases, the real thing is cheaper than the legal stuff, and it works way better, so they just throw some of it in. Honestly though, he was probably using, and had some scheme set up to pass. Stupid on his part to use something so common. As for it being cheating, and him being banned or kicked out of the record books, come on. If you're going to do that, why not throw out all the other modern records. In today's game, balls have more bounce, bats are lighter, parks are smaller, the athletes have better training regimens, coaches for everything, I could continue, but you get the point. The game is different. All the athletes have access to the same stuff. If everyone is using (which most are), the playing field is even again, because it still comes down to natural ability, the level at which the game is played (not just baseball, all sports) is just higher, Which is more entertaining to the fans, which brings in more money, and that's what it's all about anyway.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
To eleborate a little more, should the new quarter mile times in NHRA be thrown out because technology has made the cars more powerful? Should Rossi's records not be recognized because his bike is better than Kevin Schwantz's? Juice has always been in pro sports. Considering the amount of money involved, those guys are going to do every single thing they can to get an edge. Get over it. All this media attention is just for ratings. Canseco's book has made him rich, and all this crap has given the media some new trashy story to pimp.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Racing is supposed to further technology. That's it's purpose. Juicing is cheating, period. That's a moot point argument.

ryoung57 said:
All this media attention is just for ratings. Canseco's book has made him rich, and all this crap has given the media some new trashy story to pimp.
I am in total agreement with you here, that's for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts