Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where do you park? I hit a mall last night (used the car) and I scoped out the parking lot. I don't see anywhere that I'd like to leave my bike if I had to make a quick stop. I am afraid to leave it in a normal parking space because some idiot looking for a spot will just pull right in and hit my bike. I know, leave the bike more towards the opening in the spot for visibility but I'm still not comfortable with that.

With a shopping center it's easier because you can just pull into the fire lane while you make your stop. A mall you can't do that and if you leave it by the entrance you have to worry about the retards hanging outside messing with it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
344 Posts
i park it near exits and entrances where there is a lot of walking traffic. Not because i'm trying to show it off (added benefit), but rather because i'm afraid of it being stolen. I try to park it close to walls or areas of the sidewalk where people don't usually walk. I always make it VERY visible though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not worth the risk, especially at a mall. Opportunistic thieves are always lurking mall parking lots. Are we talking about the Galleria or Franklin Mills? Either way don't risk it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ya i've heard of a lot of bikes getting jacked out of mall parking lots. Some dumb b!tch hit my bike in my apt complex parking lot when it was just chillin in a spot one night. Fell over into my roomates bike which held both of them up but scratched up my bike real good. Gotta anticipate dumb cagers even when you're not even on the bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another option you might wanna look into if you really wanna ride it to the mall is to get a chain and you can take with you then chain it to a sturdy post or something in the lot.

·
Registered
907 Posts
just take the car, not worth the risk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get the girlfriend or wife to stand guard in the parking spot while you shop. Just Kidding,,,,,, thought it was funny,,,,, just for a second though!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I park in the very front row before the spaces even start. There is usually a yellow triangle with striping. Its closest to the door and ive never had a problem with someone messing with it, or getting haraseed by the po's. We also have no problem with vehicle theft here in Fargo.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
[]RhOdEs[] said:
Get the girlfriend or wife to stand guard in the parking spot while you shop. Just Kidding,,,,,, thought it was funny,,,,, just for a second though!
haha, nice... i just look for the corners were there is maybe half a regular spot and they are crossed over with stripes if that makes sense, but i don't really go to the mall often at all

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
eRacer777 said:
Not worth the risk, especially at a mall. Opportunistic thieves are always lurking mall parking lots. Are we talking about the Galleria or Franklin Mills? Either way don't risk it.
Deptford is the mall I scoped out but Cherry Hill is another mall I pass a lot. It really don't seem worth taking the bike to the mall after reading the replies. Just have to take the cage which means I can actually buy something when I'm at the mall.

·
Registered
912 Posts
chkaotic said:
I park on the sidewalk near the entrance.. security gives us crap sometimes but i dont really care..

thats how i do it. i say piss on it....my bike's safety is a little more important than making someone walk an extra foot or two to get around it

·
Registered
410 Posts
The mall I live next to has designated spots for motorcycles pretty close to the front but it's still in the parking lot so it's not the safest place. The good thing about it is that you don't have to worry about a car running into it cause the spot has a motorcycle parking sign on a pole right in the middle of the parking spot so they would hit that before they get to the bike.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The malls near my house have a few levels of elevated parking. They left a lot of space around the pillars holding up the levels. I usually park near those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts