1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
and why wasnt i invited ???

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thanks for taking pictures Orguss! Appreciate it man!

I'm sure you guys have the hook ups already being the selfless guys you are putting on these things once a month, but if you ever need anything for your bikes hit me up..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
juni5 said:
Thanks for taking pictures Orguss! Appreciate it man!

I'm sure you guys have the hook ups already being the selfless guys you are putting on these things once a month, but if you ever need anything for your bikes hit me up..
No problems, if you want the high res, let me know. So what kind of deal do I get.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
zman said:
and why wasnt i invited ???
Well you'll have to watch this site if you want to attend it. I don't post it or host them, I just take pics and share them, I do support what he's doing and yes I join and help as well when needed. But they have mix heated debates on this. Some likes it, other just hates it. All I know is, it's better than trying to do it at the Canyon..the goal is body position and turns but if you happen to drag knee, hey it happens. :)

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=41218

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=41215

The person that does this was for peeps who want to prepare themselves for the track or get more at it. It's not for your everyday riding and then test it at the Canyon.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
nice pics look like fun

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TippinRR said:
how fast you guys going?.. i didn't read the socal threads if it was posted in there...
Setup two...kinda like double apex, speed 40+, big parking lot with a pretty good pavement and clean.

·
Registered
77 Posts
MSF is Motorcycle Safety Foundation, teaches riding techniques and nice way to meet other riders, even if you have been riding for years, the courses can be of help, as well as give you the opportunity to help teach others.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gingerbreadman said:
MSF is Motorcycle Safety Foundation, teaches riding techniques and nice way to meet other riders, even if you have been riding for years, the courses can be of help, as well as give you the opportunity to help teach others.
This is not an MSF course type, this is if you want to hone your skill and prepare yourself for the track or just practice. Goal is looking thru the turns and body position, once you done that and with practice your knee may touch pavement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These events are a perfect opportunity to fine-tune certain aspects of your riding prior to hitting the track. The best part is the amount of one-on-one instruction time that you normally wouldn't receive unless you paid for a track school. I personally feel very comfortable dragging knee, but I really need to work on my body positioning, as I'm sometimes crossed.

It was definately cool to see everyone out there working hard - new and familiar faces!

Jerry - your picks are really, really nice. Thanks for taking these for us, as it really helps with determining what we're doing right and wrong. Could you possibly send me a hi-res version of the attached pic (IMG_1895.jpg)? For reference, I was the guy with the tribal 600rr and blue/white Alpinestars.

Thanks!

Billy

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
alien said:
These events are a perfect opportunity to fine-tune certain aspects of your riding prior to hitting the track. The best part is the amount of one-on-one instruction time that you normally wouldn't receive unless you paid for a track school. I personally feel very comfortable dragging knee, but I really need to work on my body positioning, as I'm sometimes crossed.

It was definately cool to see everyone out there working hard - new and familiar faces!

Jerry - your picks are really, really nice. Thanks for taking these for us, as it really helps with determining what we're doing right and wrong. Could you possibly send me a hi-res version of the attached pic (IMG_1895.jpg)? For reference, I was the guy with the tribal 600rr and blue/white Alpinestars.

Thanks!

Billy
+1
Alex does a great job and with all his help and Jerry's pic's, money can't buy that. They're free! :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alien said:

Thanks!

Billy
You were looking good out there. PM me your email and I'll get it to when i can.

·
Registered
181 Posts
remove the stickers on you swingarm nice pics

1 - 16 of 16 Posts