Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a little plaza that I normally go to get some Starbucks with some friends. Parked my bike in between the disabled parking spot and a normal parking spot, which I guess you could say was a walkway. Few minutes go by and a f*cking dumb b*tch comes by and cites me, before she even started writing the ticket I told her I would just move it over but she claimed that it was too late. Pretty much wrote me up for parking in a disabled spot but I clearly wasn't and the damn thing is going to cost me $275. My question is had this happened to anyone else and if so did you contest it cause I'm about to so I need some tips.

Side notes: Before I decided to park my bike there, next to me was a family in a black Suburban that actually parked in the disabled spot and they waited there until they got their damn Jamba Juice. And as some of you might know getting Jamba Juice takes damn near forever for some smoothies. Also I noticed that after she finished writing me up there was a late model gold camry that was parked in that same disabled spot with no disabled placards or plates but it was too late to notify her. Also I've parked in that same spot numerous times and there was this one night where 3 officers walked right passed my bike and didn't say sh*t so wtf was up with that parking b*tch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shes gotta make that quota, doncha know they wanna build that new teen rec center!
But what about the children!

Dont pay! Stick it to the MAN!

Sorry to make a joke out of your bill... that bs just happens when you ride a bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That sucks, thats why I hate leaving my bike anywhere I cant see it, and when we park in normal spots, we worry about assholes in cars whipping into the spot knocking our bikes over, then leaving.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've always wondered, and this may be a stupid question, but where do they put the parking ticket on your bike? I know she handed your's to you, but what if you had not come out of the coffee place?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yeah. Parking in handicap stripes (walkway) spot is almost the same as parking in the handicap parking space. That sucks man. I don't know how to get out of this ticket.

I even got a ticket for parking in a 2 hours zone when I barely reach 1.5 hours and I had to let them jacked me. I'm currently trying to fight a ticket where I shared a spot with a car that has a permit by parking behind him. My argument to that is the car with the permit is entitled to the space allowed marked on the street, so by me parking in that space with the car is consider legal since there's no sign saying "no sharing" allowed.

You'll just have to contest the ticket and show up for the hearing. Hopefully, the officer won't show up. Remember, you have roughly 21 days (in Cali) to respond to the ticket.

For future reference: Don't park anywhere that 'attract' attention, especially in downtown area. Also, don't try to save $2 for a $50+ ticket either. If you need to buy a permit, buy it.

Good luck bro!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i park in lines spaces but those that are not next to handicap spaces at school, but most of the time its the sidewalk or regular parking.

·
Registered
603 Posts
should've just started ur bike and boned out!!! LOL

what u can do is call in and extend the ticket (usually the extension date is like 2 months later, but this can differ depending on the court), the court will then give u an extended date. when u are about to reach the extended date, you call in again and request for a trail for pleading NOT GUILTY. to do so, you will have to pay the bail amount and write NOT GUILTY and the case # in the Memo section. After the court receives the check, they will give you a date to appear in court (by this time, it's been 4-5 months after you receive your first ticket). Now you will just have to show up in court and hoping that the police offier or the parking enforcemnet doesnt show since it's been a LONG time after she issued u the ticket.

other than that, i dont really know how else you can possible contest it, since you did parked in a space that's within Disabled space.

good luck...at least u dont get a point, so the worst is that u shell out $200 something

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Last time that happened to me I told the lady to screw off and boned out. That was during my college days though on campus, so it was a fellow student who worked for the parking authority their that tried to write me up. I learned my lesson that day and always park according to the rules. I've never had a parking ticket before in all my life...not even on a cager. The fact that someone else parked illegally in the handicap spot will not help your case at all. You worry about yourself and what you do. I think you are stuck paying this one...it seems legit as shitty as it may be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
at our starbucks we park up on the sidewalk/table area right in front of us
I used to do that at the gym. All of the bikes would park up on the curb by the bicycle rack, and then one day, I came out and there was a ticket. Couldn't do anything about it, because I was going to be at college for the court date, so I just paid it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it's just funny to me that in that same exact spot I've parked there before and even police officers didn't give a sh*t that I was there. Even at the DMV I've parked on the blue striped lines along with other motorcycles and even the security guards there don't care. But yeah I guess it was just tough luck on my end and I guess I have to just pay out.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I dont understand what the problem is. You parked where you weren't supposed to park, and were ticketed accordingly. Just because you've done the same thing before without any recourse doesn't make it legal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've always wondered, and this may be a stupid question, but where do they put the parking ticket on your bike? I know she handed your's to you, but what if you had not come out of the coffee place?
I always had them slip it under the strap on the passenger seat.

Last week at work, I parked close to the building rather than in the big lot to prevent any parking accidents and to keep it out of vision from the access road. So some dhead from another company at my office, taped a note on my windscreen with a MILLION pieces of scotch tape cause I was somewhat blocking a door they said they had to move equipment through... I was like 15 feet away from it lol

"Nice bike, but please dont park here cause your in the way. but nice bike, call me if there is a problem, thanks buddy, charlie"

Then he called in a complained to a secretary and she had to come find me. Why leave a note AND ****ing call my office crying.

I went out and ripped that crap off without even looking at the note lol and the dude was watching through the window. He could tell I was pissed and he came out but I had to be all nice"oh yeah, sorry sorry, how about over here, will that be okay?"

lol parking always an issue

·
Registered
619 Posts
yes those lines are considered handi-capped. you know how some of those vans are wheel chair capable. well the lil chair lift goes out there. and why would you wanna park near "older" people who can barely see large truck and car, let alone a tiny motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry dude, I gotta agree with carbon........... Its kinda a no-brainer to not park in the lines near a handicapped spot. Just think how you would feel if you needed the room to get out of your vehicle and into your wheelchair..... and some **** (sorry) parked in the way. You would be pissed too!!! Sorry but I have a soft spot for the handicapped and mentally challenged.. You got what you deserved.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts