Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding with 2 guys for the first had a blast, usually riding solo, parked on a pavement(literally nowhere to park, so parked in a pavement the size of like 2 ambulances next to each other, left a massive space for entrance to shops or wheelchairs, or even as said a whole ambulance(chances are they wouldn't park on the pavement anyway with a massive road next to it, and i was adjacent to motorcycle parking as well anyway NOT yellow doubles(such as parking on the pavement to avoid them which I wasn't).

My ticket specifically says 'Parked in a restricted street during the times shown' 1. I wasn't on a street and 2. There were no times show, that is to suggest it was a street in which case then it's safe to assume next time i can ride along the pavement then as it's a street apparently...so im disputing it and not paying it at the moment(untill a verdict the allowance to halve the ticket gets moved along so if they say no I can still pay the reduced rate offered to people who pay in 2 weeks, so I've got nothing to lose, tried to explain to the ticket officer(i arrived as she was taking photo's) that it does NOT say anywhere I can't, there is no obstruction to anyone or anything, and her response when she looked around and saw nothing to back her argument was "well, do you see anyone else parking here"....:cursin::cursin:so I care what anyone else does? no..i was asking about my bike and my ticket...and i just asked how i take it to court then and she said look on the ticket and then dissappeared quite quickly, anyone else have problems with idiots like that? Can't back their argument, realise despite being right or wrong to park there it'd probably get thrown out of court, but makes no attempt to help you because she might be shown up as wrong...annoys the hell out of me, puts a damper on what was a nice ride and a good day...plus there's 2 levels of ticket looking at their site...and i got written up as a 'serious offence' rather than minor...********:fyou:

anyway fingers crossed...if it gets accepted on appeal, im going after that ticket officer 'all guns blazing' didn't deserve the attitude i got...:spank:

·
Registered
827 Posts
sure her ticket might be falsely written, but you still parked illegally, sure it might not say no parking, but it is obvious in what places are legal to park in, IE parking lots, etc etc. I think the judge will still make you pay imo

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
makes you proud to live here doesn't it, work hard, pay your taxes & you get :spank: for parking your bike. be a crackhead doler with 6 kids, "yes sir, you can have/do what you want". :cursin:

rant over, you may have already done this but have a look on motorcycleparking.com or parkingticket.co.uk. theres some good info on there. particularly the 2nd site where it states that

"Outside London if parking on a footway or verge is prohibited then there must be a sign indicating the prohibition."

so if there was no sign as you say then surely they can't ticket you. did you by chance get your own photos of the area showing the lack of signage?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got a simmilar ticket but it was because there were yellow lines on the road side.. I had parked about 20ft from there on a massive wide pavement that even had a slip road type loading bay between my bike and pavement but still had to pay grrr.

If there were no yellow lines on road then you have an appeal.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sure her ticket might be falsely written, but you still parked illegally, sure it might not say no parking, but it is obvious in what places are legal to park in, IE parking lots, etc etc. I think the judge will still make you pay imo
It's only illegal in london, i live far away from london on the other side of the country :)

makes you proud to live here doesn't it, work hard, pay your taxes & you get :spank: for parking your bike. be a crackhead doler with 6 kids, "yes sir, you can have/do what you want". :cursin:

rant over, you may have already done this but have a look on motorcycleparking.com or parkingticket.co.uk. theres some good info on there. particularly the 2nd site where it states that

"Outside London if parking on a footway or verge is prohibited then there must be a sign indicating the prohibition."

so if there was no sign as you say then surely they can't ticket you. did you by chance get your own photos of the area showing the lack of signage?

thats it yes it's only prohibited in london(road traffic act 1988 paragraph 284 i believe), and its part of my appeal that the ticket lady was both rude, unhelpful and gave me a ticket for restricted parking on A STREET, I was NOT on any street...and it was not to avoid yellow lines

still no verdict yet, fingers crossed, either way if i had paid would have been £35, and if the verdict sticks and i still have to pay the timeline to pay £35 isntead of £70 stands(it moves on to the date they came back to you and resets) so i still pay £35...so nothing to lose fighting it, if i lose might find a no win no fee lawyer anyway and escalate it, just for fun :spank: after all the offence on the ticket doesn't even match what i did, if they want to give tickets for parking on the pavement i want to see a ticket backed by a law showing i parked on a pavement and thats what i am being fined for.

also a warning to anyone else, they CAN get you if you block 'dropped' pavements, i.e. where it comes down to allow for wheelchairs etc or emergency access, or if it blocks wheelchair users using the pavement etc or an entrance to a shop BUT they cannot move you only the police can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts