Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pciii installed on my bike and I noticed that when I unplug the wire from the pciii to the negative terminal on the bikes battery, it still works. What is the point of having that connected to the battery. Grounding? Just curious.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know since I haven't installed one yet. But, :neutral: I would guess that the case is also grounded, or mounted to something grounded? When you disconnect the main ground to the battery it feeds ground through the chassis. Probably not a good idea to run it like that.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
He meant does the pc3 light up and show throttle movement on the led`s on the faceplate.

Cj s4, the case is not grounded to the bike at all.

Black600rr03, the reason for the ground to the battery negative post is due to it being an easy to locate and easy to connect to grounding point. I`m sure if you wanted to locate another grounding point it would be fine, but why even look for another one when the bat is so easy to get to.

I`m curious as to why you removed the ground and ran the bike in the first place. Its possible to damage the unit if its not properly grounded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts