Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just a bought a 07-12 Honda CBR600RR from an auction that needs to be rebuilt. This will be my first bike as well and I’m excited to join the community.

I’m looking for parts to buy and if anyone had any laying around that I need I would be definitely interested.

Right now I’m looking for: headers, fork, front brake lever,front rim, front rotors, headlight housing and headlights, complete set of fairings, rear brake pedal, right foot pedal, any muffler, any exhaust piping/total system, and a rear brake light/turn signal set.

If any of y’all have any of these or even some thing that’s not listed lmk.

Thanks!

(yes, it’s been tossed a bit, but let’s see if I can get it up in a month or less)✊

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, any general tips about motorcycles and about the CBR600RR would be appreciated!! I am new to motorcycles let alone the CBR.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Obviously get the service manual. Search here for a free download. Follow the torque values (and buy a decent torque wrench if you don't have one) or you will overtighten something and ruin your whole day.

With the amount of stuff you need I can't see any way to avoid eBay. These bikes have been made largely unchanged for many years so parts are plentiful and cheap.

There's also an active parts for sale group on Facebook.

Buy an 07-08 fairing set. To fit it only requires one different bracket on left side (costs about $3 from Honda). Bike will look much better with the motor showing than that gowdawful plastic diaper covering it.

I have some of what you need but with what postage costs now it's just not cost effective to mail individual motorcycle parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much man,

I have found a download to a service manual but it was for 2007-2008 CBRs. Could you link me the download for the 09-12 CBRs?

What’s the name (link?) of the parts group on Facebook?

Any suggestions as to where I should look for complete fairings? I’ve seen a couple aftermarket sites that make OEM designs like iFairing. Besides the fairing piece on the left side, are there any other differences? Same number of pieces?

Depending on what you have and what you want to sell for I would still be interested to buy some parts from you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously get the service manual. Search here for a free download. Follow the torque values (and buy a decent torque wrench if you don't have one) or you will overtighten something and ruin your whole day.

With the amount of stuff you need I can't see any way to avoid eBay. These bikes have been made largely unchanged for many years so parts are plentiful and cheap.

There's also an active parts for sale group on Facebook.

Buy an 07-08 fairing set. To fit it only requires one different bracket on left side (costs about $3 from Honda). Bike will look much better with the motor showing than that gowdawful plastic diaper covering it.

I have some of what you need but with what postage costs now it's just not cost effective to mail individual motorcycle parts.
replied

1 - 5 of 5 Posts