Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a kickstand from a fellow memeber on here (sleek55044) and never received the kickstand. .all I got was an empty box with newspaper in it . . I told him i needed a refund . then never got a response back? it's been over a week of trying to contact him to no avail . .idk if anybody knows him or whether he's a good guy or not. .

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
If you signed for the empty box then Paypal won't help you. Outside of Ebay that's all the protection you get. If you didn't sign for it then nail him.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
gather all of your information reguarding the transaction.

any Pm's emails, receipts etc.

continue to contract the seller and open conversation, hopefully it will resolve itself.

You may be contacted by mod/adm

I

·
0 Posts
Hate to hear when this crap happens...Hopefully it was an honest mistake. These type of transactions make it harder for the stand up guys out there to sell anything. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Since he sent you an empty box, I'm pretty sure he's intent on NOT being cooperative. I've learned that with ALL Paypal transactions, I use a credit card. That way I don't have to deal with Paypal's lousy way of "resolution" by just getting a refund directly from my credit card company.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
File a PayPal dispute pronto. If he just sent you an empty box, the parcel weight (on the outside of the box by postal info, or on tracking number) would make it clearly evident that it contained less than 1 kickstand.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
which is why i would always consult fellow wores, and veterans n here about people doing business with :D noobs... yea imma skip that no offense to the noobs that hold their words but i dont trust the newcomers here that only want to sell stuff :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since he sent you an empty box, I'm pretty sure he's intent on NOT being cooperative. I've learned that with ALL Paypal transactions, I use a credit card. That way I don't have to deal with Paypal's lousy way of "resolution" by just getting a refund directly from my credit card company.
Exactly. I once almost lost out on $3000 for camshafts and an intake manifold. Luckily I paid with my BOA card and they reimbursed me right away and they dealt with Paypal.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
which is why i would always consult fellow wores, and veterans n here about people doing business with :D noobs... yea imma skip that no offense to the noobs that hold their words but i dont trust the newcomers here that only want to sell stuff :D
Not that I buy or sell a lot here. But I skipped many posts of new people trying to sell stuff.
You see some new people who post whored them self to 100 posts and right away trying to sell stuff. It just makes me uneasy to even think about doing business with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
what can rr.net do about people on here that do this? im in kinda a similiar situation I traded a guy on here for head lights ,stay,front fairing,windscreen,third light, for a full yoshi rs-5 exhaust and I have more than lived up to my part of the agreement I sent full pics of all parts shipped pics of receipt with tracking info and then txted the trackin num just in case he coudsnt read it and they guy seems reputible so im tryin to give him the chance to respond or ship he has responded but not for the last 2 days and I dont want to dog him out but I dont really have the $ to replace the parts I shipped him and I did it to help him out as my bike isnt finished yet but im having a baby in 3 days and $ is all ready tight what can I do if he doesnt ship

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Quick tip to sellers also to help with sale. If you have ebay id add to your post so buyers can review that feedback also. It won't hold any weight in a dispute but it will instill little more confidence in the buyer:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts