Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a long time since I got my license(9 years). I have a coworker that I talked into taking the MSF course since he has never ridden before and I told him as an added perk, you won't have to take the riding part when you apply for the license if you show proof that you passed the MSF course.

This was the case in California where I got my license originally but does anyone know if it applies to other states. Particularly Texas?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here in CO all I had to do was take the card showing I completed the course to the DMV and pay $5 to have the endorsement added to my license. I was in and out in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
msf pass == free pass for endorsement, i believe thats country wide .

·
Registered
646 Posts
Texas law changed Sept. 09, making MSF mandatory for first time linsencee's, as well as the DMV road and written test.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
msf + ride test. crazy... oh well. i told him insurance for first time riders might be the thing that stops him anyways.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I rode for a while without a license, and so did my cousin. I decided I didn't want to risk it anymore and got mine in July 09. My cousin decided to wait. We went Sept. 19 2009, and they asked for his MSF papers. We were both kinda confused. He tried to explain he was just gonna do the road test instead. Then they lady told us we were infact confused, and that he had to do both. $200 and a MSF corse later, he got his.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I rode for a while without a license, and so did my cousin. I decided I didn't want to risk it anymore and got mine in July 09. My cousin decided to wait. We went Sept. 19 2009, and they asked for his MSF papers. We were both kinda confused. He tried to explain he was just gonna do the road test instead. Then they lady told us we were infact confused, and that he had to do both. $200 and a MSF corse later, he got his.
sucks , sort of, imo i rather make damn sure all these fools who get a bike know what they are doing, it might even beable to keep some heat off the mfgs for making such power full machinery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts