Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you have problems with your girly or girly you pickup holding on to you from the passenger seat? i mean girls that are shorter, say 5ft

are there anything on the market that could extend the front of the passenger seat forward say an inch or 2 or she could sit closer to me?

any suggestions besides getting a new gf, having her arm extended or buying a new bike?

C

·
0 Posts
amuse, welcome to the forum. I would just have her hold onto the seat strap... j/k

If she can't reach than it may not be safe. Have you tried scooting back? Can she reach around you at all? If she can have her clasp her hands together. Make sure she has all the gear on...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
get a new gf or you could have her arms extended, better yet get a different bike. LOL...

no seriously, just sit further back. if you're looking to extend the passenger seat, that means you have room to slide your butt back. if you slide your butt further back, you'll be closer to her and she'll be able to wrap her short stubby arms around you... :razz:

oh yeah, i almost forgot. WELCOME TO THE FORUM... :ciao:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I agree with the guys just sit back further. Take it easy too, if she can't reach the tank to help support herself when you stop she'll be slamming into your back if you stop fast.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I can't find it now but recently I was browsing a site and saw this strap thing that the driver can wear around them. When you have it on there are nylon or rubber handles on either side of you kind of like a ski rope for the passenger. Personally I thought it was pretty stupid but if you ride a passenger a lot or for longer rides it might be what you're looking for. When I find it again I'll post up the link.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I tried finding that too GA_RR, my friend had looked into it because his then girlfriend thought riding on the back of his 929 was too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My girlfriend HATED my bike when I first brought it home for that reason. She couldn't get comfy and no matter how smooth I was she couldn't get the hang of it. Seat time for passengers is just as important as it is for riders. 3 weeks of her hating being on the back of it turned into her buying her own gear and me needing a crowbar to get her off the back seat. I'm glad they're friends :mrgreen:

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah they do! I just showed them to my GF.... amuse, that buddy belt should work for your situation!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all your replies

the problem she is having is that she could reach the tank but she would have to really lean. i tried sitting further back but then i get somewhat uncomfortable.

hopefully she will ride more this year and start liking it, but really the main reason is that reach problem making her feel unsafe, besides the seat being hard on her behind. btw, i do ride slow with her on my back, dont want her to get hurt in anyway.

in terms of gear, i try to buy what i would wear, actually, her helmet is better than mine, which is an Arai Corsair whereas mine's only the RR4. jacket wise, couldnt find anything that would fit her properly so i ask her to wear the thinkest leather jacket that she have. and the only pair of gloves that comes in XS is AStar GP3 think that's the model, no choice there.

i'll check out the links and see what my options are.

thanks guys, you guys are great :smile:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
mikesamillion said:
when you are done riding you can always talk her into wearing the buddy belt for a quick ride yourself :twisted: :bounce: and this ones for me :bitchslap:
The mental image that popped into my head will make me laugh for months :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mikesamillion said:
when you are done riding you can always talk her into wearing the buddy belt for a quick ride yourself :twisted: :bounce: and this ones for me :bitchslap:
that's a very good idea, need to try it out myself just ot make surre that belt is safe :twisted:

:bitchslap: for being naughty

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
she could reach the tank but need to lean really forward and i think she is not strong enough that sometimes if i have to stop a little harder (i try not to do that), we would be sitting in the same seat :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts