Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys carry your helmet for a passenger if you go to pick them up?

The RR has the helmet strap but it looks pretty janky... the helmet kinda hands and swings.. not very snug.. what do you guys do?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
+1 durable elastic cargo net.....
that honda strap is only meant to hold the lid while parked. that sh!t will flap around when your ridin.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Last time I had to carry a spare helmet was probably 4 years ago but at the time I used a backpack. I then just left it at her place and fetched it when I dropped her off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure if this is an ignorant comment but I have an 05 and I haven't seen a helmet strap or anything that I can attach my helmet to....do all hondas have this strap and if so where is it that I haven't seen it? I've just been using the cargo nets to hold my spares.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
underneath ur passenger seat there is a hook in there, and theres is a strap that comes with the tool kit...lil metal wire thing with two loops...thats ur cable and the hooks u attach it to

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Yeah thats the way to go, anything else, makes it bounce around and scratch the clear coat on your bike.
true story.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I use my backpack since I don't have any hooks on my tail anymore. Cargo net works well too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a HJC, and I just hook the D-ring of the helmet strap to the hook under the seat. It's the hook on the left side that the black strap usually hooks onto. I hope I explained that okay. I do this quite often acually.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
this is how i strap my helmet, i posted it a while ago for someone lookin for an alternative, tighter fit for helmets.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Apparently in Manitoba we cannot have a helmet off the side of the bike. Has to be strapped on the passenger seat. So i'm told anyway. I carry mine in a backpack anyway.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KhMeRGuY978 said:
this is how i strap my helmet, i posted it a while ago for someone lookin for an alternative, tighter fit for helmets.

Yeah i saw those! but mine are further in on the bike.. i have a 05... lemme run down and see if they will fit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:

that is what I was trying to explain above. This is the only way I carry a passenger helmet.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Blurr600 said:
I'm not sure if this is an ignorant comment but I have an 05 and I haven't seen a helmet strap or anything that I can attach my helmet to....do all hondas have this strap and if so where is it that I haven't seen it? I've just been using the cargo nets to hold my spares.
if youre still lookin for the strap, try checking the compartment where the tools are stored behind the fairing. it should be in there. thats where mine was.

·
Registered
151 Posts
pharaohf4 said:
that is what I was trying to explain above. This is the only way I carry a passenger helmet.
i do the same thing seat stays a lil raised so you have to push down as you turn the key to get it open.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KhMeRGuY978 said:

Yep! works great. Havent riden with it on there but it fits snug on there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts