Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I looked and came up with nothing. can someone help me with the steps to taking the passenger pegs off. what i need, and what i need to do. I've got some gloss black spray paint and I want to see how they'll turn out. I don't need to sand them or anything first do I? thanks a million

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Take off 2 bolts in your seats.. 4 bolts under your rear seat, and there are 2 or 4 pop screw/rivit things in the plastic piece below your seat connecting to your tail. pop those out and you can slide your tail off a bit... dont even have to take it off. that will allow you to bend it enough to get your allen wrench in there and unscreww the pegs.. Should take about 10 minutes maybe.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Get them coated, save time and make them look great... This will last longer and is not as expensive as you think..

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
eddie
send your pegs to the king of powder coating ( Tripage )
you will be more than happy with looks, service, price

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I remember correctly I took the allen wrench, ground the short end down so it was a very low profile and merely flexed my rear fairing outward to get to the bolt heads on the b!tch pegs. I may have removed the front screw on the rear fairings to let them flex out a bit but I know I didn't take the fairing all the way off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts