Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2003 600RR and My sister loves riding with me. I would like to know what the weight spec is on...

A. The whole bike
B. The passenger seat only

The frame doesn't look incredibly well reinforced in the tail section so I want to make sure that she and us will not exceed the weight limit of any particular part of the bike. I know it has the power. Anyone with a Manuel please post! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
810 Posts
A: dry weight:
49 states - 169kg / 373Ibs
Calif - 169Kg / 373Ibs
Curb weight:
49 states - 199kg / 439Ibs
Calif - 202Kg / 445Ibs

B: max weight capacity:
49 states - 166kg / 366Ibs
Calif - 170Kg / 375Ibs

·
Registered
857 Posts
my bike is currently set up for one rider but my wife and i have gotten pretty good at 2 up riding. i weight only 130 pounds and she is about 105. we are almost small enough
to both share the front seat. my wife really knows how to lean into me. what i mean is i know it is your sister but if she really likes to ride and to be safe she needs to tuck in tight behind you so be careful and wear gear.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Really your sister likes riding with you? I would never get my sister on the back of my bike hahaha

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Like Robbie said....I dont think I want my sister nugging that close to me...haha ewwwww...

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Really your sister likes riding with you? I would never get my sister on the back of my bike hahaha
Like Robbie said....I dont think I want my sister nugging that close to me...haha ewwwww...
maybe if you say something a 3rd time somebody will laugh at your cleverness...

ha ha incest ha ha... awkward...

·
Registered
252 Posts
A: dry weight:
49 states - 169kg / 373Ibs
Calif - 169Kg / 373Ibs
Curb weight:
49 states - 199kg / 439Ibs
Calif - 202Kg / 445Ibs

B: max weight capacity:
49 states - 166kg / 366Ibs
Calif - 170Kg / 375Ibs
US 2003 600RR Weight Capacity - 386 pounds
Canada 2003 600RR Weight Capacity - 395 pounds
rider, passenger, all cargo and accessories

Your numbers were VERY close but I felt like "splitting hairs"

I have ridden my 03 at the 386 pound limit a few times. It will still fly but the higher you get the rpm's the more the front wheel wants to kiss the sky.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Why? Are you afraid you'll get turned on?

Some people are scared to ride with passengers. Other people won't let anything on the back unless they are going to "tap it". Other people don't care.

Being on a bike is ******* awesome wether you are the rider or passenger. I spent more time on the back of a bike when I was a kid than some people have ridden their own. For someone to say I won't give you a ride unless we are not related and I can stick my penis in you is hilarious to me.

I have had a lot of passengers that I didn't **** on my bike. My mother, brother, sister, my brother's girlfriend, my brother's girlfriend's daughter, my dealer, and some others.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When you have a passenger on your bike the REAR brake is your best friend. If you don't use it be prepared to have your nuts crushed. If you use it, it will practically remove the front end dive and your passenger won't slide into you as much.

·
Registered
252 Posts
split as many hairs as you like - numbers taken from the 2003 Service manual !
Well the numbers I posted are out of my 2003 Honda Owner's manual. I just posted because my owner's manual is on my desk next to my computer and I didn't want anyone to lose a ride over the 13 pound difference.

·
Registered
810 Posts
just go's to show we're both right then - lol

If I was that close to the recommended weight limit I'd tell the passenger to find another way !

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually were not nearly as big as you may think. I am 6'4" and weight about 170 and my sister is 5'11'' about 160. We not fat, just bigger people. This being a "new to me" bike that I just got, I wanted to make sure we wont be overloading the frame.
No, we are NOT from the south. I'm just not one of the homophobic toolbags who need to think that only a hot girl can ride on the back. I'll take anyone for a ride who asks. If it weren't for my friend taking me on a trip, I never would have started riding. Toys are always more fun when you can share them with people.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You'll be fine; put the tires at the factory recommended pressures.

I'm 230 just me alone, and ride with my wife all the time, and even with my 19-yr old son on back sometimes, and he's about 160, and it's not a problem at all. ('08 CBR)

·
Registered
106 Posts
me 5'2 130lb. wife 5'1 80~88lb. Other than feeling something grabing onto me, I can't feel no difference with my wife or not. She is light as a piece of paper. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
i am 170 pounds, female passengers have been in the near 200 pounder range. 2007 CBR600RR with stock suspension settings. Bike does sink down enough to make lifting the kick stand up diffecult. The bike had no problem with the weight and it still managed to almost drag knee on curves without splitting in half so I think you will be fine on your older bike.
:toothy4::all_cohol

·
Registered
383 Posts
me 5'2 130lb. wife 5'1 80~88lb. Other than feeling something grabing onto me, I can't feel no difference with my wife or not. She is light as a piece of paper. :)
Wow I'm jelly. All my passengers have been heavyweights. All day rides are no fun at all with all the weight.

Maybe I'll put out a craigslist ad: Wanted lightweight females for weekend rides. :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts