Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting to the point where I am looking at getting rid of my 07 because it is not fun to ride with my girlfriend on the back. I have to lean too much and it is uncomfortable for both of us. My 99 R6 was a lot better in the comfort department. My question is, is the 03 to 06 RR more like the 07-09 or my old R6? I really like the bike I have, but she really likes riding with me for more than 45 minutes at a time.

I will eventually go and test out various bikes with her, I am just looking to narrow the list a little.

Any advice? Is there any mods I can make to mine to help?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
yeah, keep the bike and ditch the girl.

...or you could just buy her a bike, or help her buy a bike. Or get some new seats from corbin or saddleman.

·
Registered
426 Posts
complaining about having to lean to much? I wish i had a reason to lean! i knew i should have gotten a cruiser! but 21y/o + cruiser = a little too off.

·
Registered
299 Posts
make sure she isnt fighting you when youre going into a lean

i hope that she turns her head towards the turn youre going into and maybe somewhat leans with you or at least isnt leaning the other way

youve got a great bike, dont get rid of it

also, with the added weight at the back, you might wanna try getting a stiffer springs or add some preload on your rear shock?

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Yep I hate riding with a passanger too.. that is why i only let the GF on every once in a while

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
complaining about having to lean to much? I wish i had a reason to lean! i knew i should have gotten a cruiser! but 21y/o + cruiser = a little too off.

Just to clarify, I mean lean forward, as in over the tank. The biggest difference I find between my old R6 and this one is the gap between the back of the tank and the back of my seat. If I hug the tank (which I am usually forced to do because of her pressure on my back) she can almost slip down into my seat, or at least she gets the felling that she is going to. I also feel like she is way higher up on this bike compared to the R6.

Niether of us mind short trips, but we live in North Denver now and we are looking to check out the mountains and such. She wants me to have a sportbike and does not want her own (I tried, maybe later though).

I guess I should start with a older RR, anyone in the west looking to upgrade to a nice 07? I will meet halfway... Might look at the Daytona too, they just look more comfortable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Take the passenger seat to a local upholstery shop and have them beef up the foam. It won't be as expensive as you think. I actually modified my passenger seat with some thick ass memory foam. It keeps her from sliding since she sinks into the foam a bit. It's far more comfortable for her too.

I did it as a DIY, but looking back I should have just had a shop do it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
This is why I won't take any passengers on my bike. I'm putting myself at enough risk driving it as it is, I don't need to put anyone else's life at risk on top of that. Plus, riding alone is the whole point I got the damn thing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm with the others get her her own bike to make it easiest. But if she doesn't wanna do that then just change up your riding position a bit. My wife rode with me until I got her bike and we learned through me getting focking tired holding her up, that if she put her hands around me and put them on the tank next to my tank pad, she could support her own weight without pushing on me. And when I accelerated from a stop all she had to do was grip my sides with her elbows to keep from falling backwards.

Have her give that a try and once she's more comfortable push her towards getting her own bike!! Trust me, it's kinda hot seeing your girl look over at you while riding down the road and winking at you just before she throttle's it and pulls away from you!!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
my fiance HATED the 05 RR i had. the seats are like sitting on cardboard. the GSXR i have now is 100000X more comfortable for both me and her. but once i get my 1000 and she has this bike the 2nd seat wont make a difference

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I use a ventura sprot rack to help the gf's out, makes it easier for them to grab hold, better positioning, better all around was the general feel by them compared when i didnt have it,
Buy some more comfortable seats, place some gel or padded foam and either do it yourself or i have seen seats on the market for it to be more comfortable.

But remember its a sportsbike, designed for racing, not touring with a gf on the back..

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
i dont really let my GF on the back.. i feel like a dck because she dont have gear except helmet ..so i always thing if i went down her family wud kill me.. also, GFs on the back make it really wobly at low speeds i dont like.. one time i was going like 3 mph in stop and go, bus directly on my side really close to me and she leaned almost made me go into the dam bus.. her excuse "my purse was gunna fall" LOL....

^wow that sounds so retarded with my half-thought sentences but im too tired to fix it sry

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont really let my GF on the back.. i feel like a dck because she dont have gear except helmet ..so i always thing if i went down her family wud kill me.. also, GFs on the back make it really wobly at low speeds i dont like.. one time i was going like 3 mph in stop and go, bus directly on my side really close to me and she leaned almost made me go into the dam bus.. her excuse "my purse was gunna fall" LOL....

^wow that sounds so retarded with my half-thought sentences but im too tired to fix it sry
Thats exactly why i would never bring my gf on bc i could see her doing something stupid like that haha i took her once down the road and she could not get the concept of dont lean unless we are turning. And of course when a turn came up, she got scared and thought we were going to tip. NEVER AGAIN, I almost made her walk back. I didnt want to reck the bike, or have her get hurt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts