Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! i have a question and without everbody flaming me, what is the best way to avoid speeding, and or getting caught? I have had my liscense suspended for the past 7 months and yah i dun wanna **** up on my bike this year. "last year in 4 months i received 3 tickets. wheelie-first time riding a sport bike "no same or similar" 2-speeding-53 in a 45 "ticket"
and 3-officer didnt see hand signals at nite "ticket" so yah i cant get any this summer and i know i just need some self control but are there any other tips???

thnks
Tim

L

·
0 Posts
no offense, but stop being stupid.

just calm down on the streets and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea, I'd say play somewhere out in the country if thats possible. other than that, I did a custom switch that I linked into my rear lights so when I'm driving normal its on, but if I flip the switch it shuts off power to my rear brake light, that way I can brake and anyone following wont notice. esp usefull in avoiding cops at night...

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
best advice..

dont do stupid stuff in the "city" or around alot of people.. do your speeding and tricks out in the sticks on good roads where you know cops arent and there is no threat of traffic... just dont do stuff in front of people to show off either..

be carefull and selective as to where you speed and trick.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Just take out all teh gear except for first. Then you can only do about 75. But we could fix that with changing out your sprockets. You would get to 65 fast but you would be redlining it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
As a Cop I'll have to say if you have no self control then start doing track days only, and maybe get into racing (on the track :wink: )

"You Play, You Pay" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
As a Cop I'll have to say if you have no self control then start doing track days only, and maybe get into racing (on the track :wink: )

"You Play, You Pay" :mrgreen:

That's how the game works. Consider either riding more conservetively, or turn it into a track bike and ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that is one of my plans also. to track it up at brainerd a few times.
thanks guys for not flaming me and for some good advice.

secondly im not new to such speed its just i crave it some times.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
its OK to crave speed... but when you get too obsessed with it, you will die.. a dude around here crashed last year at 140 or so into a guide rail.. he lost his right leg, broke 4 vertebrates, and his hand hit the guide rail and split it between the middle and ring finger.. he lost the whole half of his hand..

dangerous stuff... know your limits or end up another statistic!!!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
its OK to crave speed... but when you get too obsessed with it, you will die.. a dude around here crashed last year at 140 or so into a guide rail.. he lost his right leg, broke 4 vertebrates, and his hand hit the guide rail and split it between the middle and ring finger.. he lost the whole half of his hand..

dangerous stuff... know your limits or end up another statistic!!!!
And wear your F#*king gear!! (full leathers)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont go out without my gear!!! i may like speed but im not a fkn squid!!!
i did wheelies on my r6 for the first couple weeks then i got board and started laying the bike down in corners "not falling" but knee dragging!!! i dunno but i think that with the control i now posses i can do it

thanks eveyone!!!
Tim

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did a custom switch that I linked into my rear lights so when I'm driving normal its on, but if I flip the switch it shuts off power to my rear brake light, that way I can brake and anyone following wont notice. esp usefull in avoiding cops at night...
what happens when the car behind you smashes into you cause he didnt see your brake light? why dony you just turn all your lights off if your trying to aviod the cops at night?

U

·
0 Posts
Why not stop avoiding cops? Stop doing the things that would make you want to avoid them. You have no right to jeopardize someone elses life.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seriously....have you crashed on the streets, i hope you have not and you never will...here is my story, i hope it helps you.

In 2002, It was a gang of 12 of us whom were riding up the Angeles Crest (in L.A.) like every given Sudays, X'mas, Thanksgivings. By all means, we wear full-leather and sometimes, we treated the road as a track. On one Sunday, I came to the FIRST right-hand sweeper and kneeing down, and i was told the following had happened to me:

I was scrapping my right knee and all of the sudden, i lost the front end and slide across to the opposite lane, which had a Ford Exploer coming down. First, my bike slide straight into that car, then here i came, slide into my bike and spin around and hit the rear Driver's side of the car (they think it's the wheel). I was laying in the middle of the road and was still alert. Helicopter showed up, CHP showed up, and of course, i was air-lifted to Huntington Memorial (which my father stayed when he past away 2.5yr prior to my accident). I suffered one broken femur, bruised kidney, some internal bleeding, 5 days of ICU, taken care by the SAME ICU team (doctor and nurses)that worked on my father. The rest of the story wasn't so bad cuz i was lucky enough to have a full recovery and live a normal life. I just need to take out the "rod" that they put in my femur. BTW, remeber the Ford Exploer that my bike crashed into? Well, i found out that the driver and passenger had some minor injuries (bleeding noses) and their car was "TOTALED". I guess my bike just went straight into their car and kinda rip out the transmission/engine out. I honestly feel bad for the other involved party.

i just had another low-side incident on the track few weeks ago...after i went down, i stood right up and went back into the next session and ride. and yes, i rode that damn thing like i stole it and it was fun.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
some people read into this stuff too deep. Whens the last time you looked down at the speedo and noticed your speeding. its the easiest thing in the world to do. maybe if some people spent more time riding than they spent trying to sound smart on this site, they'd realize it...
oh, and thats another thing. is everyone that types on this site an expert on everything? some people need to be nicer and not try to be someones dad all the time.... just my thoughts, but now watch everyone send me hate mail!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
wow...by all means...do what you think is right. I don't believe anyone here is trying to be your "dad" and honestly, no one would probably care if you kill yourself in a cop-chase or doing a wheelie, or kneeing down on a public road. By all means, no one is really "an expert" when it comes to running your own life.

We all speed, we all ride fast ocasionally, we all try to see what our bikes can do right after we put on the new exhaust, 520's...and we certainly don't wait till the trackdays to try the fore-mentioned. Do what you think is right. So ppl need to be "nicer" becasue they advise you not to ride like a batman on a public road? May be it's you who need a chill-pill, not us. :roll:

U

·
0 Posts
I don't want to be your father, but I'll tell you what, when you kill yourself please do it in a way that you don't raise my insurance rates. I'd greatly appreciate that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts