Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went outside a lil bit ago and my kickstand looks like it pushed about 1/8" into the pavement? heres about a quarter size hole in the parking lot now. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I put a coaster underneath. Is that safe?

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
That should help. Some people keep a aluminum can in their trunk or a jar lid for hot days.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. I just wasn't sure what the deal was with the melting pavement. I'll use the coaster for now untill i find something thinner and stronger to use.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
dude. didnt u just get the bike today? oh man u got lucky u went out to double check on it.. a lot of n00bs leave their bike like that and it sinks right in.. and tips over. good thing u caught it. i used a crushed can plenty of times.. just something to expand the mass.. just think of how much the bike weighs.. leaning over on a tiny kickstand.. lol

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yeah sometimes it will go all the way down to the ground. Anything to have more contact with the ground.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Word.. I'll make sure to carry something with me all the time.. Just in case

·
Registered
104 Posts
THey make speicial plates for us to blow our money on just for this purpose. If you want to be really bling jsut find and buy a 600RR kickstand plate :D. I use a jar lid

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, til the first time some bike thief walks by and decides he likes it more than you... then your out a few $$$... I'll stick with the crushed can.... not as likely to be stolen, and if it is, a quick fix is just $.65 around the corner...

SheSpawn said:
THey make speicial plates for us to blow our money on just for this purpose. If you want to be really bling jsut find and buy a 600RR kickstand plate :D. I use a jar lid

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That happened to my brother last weekend at the rock store... Some dude on Gixxer parked his bike next to my brother's Factory Haga/Edwards Aprilia and it fell onto my brother's Aprilia and scratched it... Luckly, there were people around to catch it and keep it from getting worse... The dude whose bike fell into my brother's was kool enough tohang around too (we were eating brunch). But whats my brother gonna do? He cant really blame the guy for his bike falling into my brothers... and I dont think he could say, he dude, you scratched my plastic! give me $200.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Get a few of these from Home Depot:

THey only cost 55 cents.......If you drive off and forget it.....no big deal. I keep one in my trunk, one in my jacket pocket, and one in the house.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live in Ontario and it happens all the time up here too.. i was at work one day and i went to check up on it and it was about 1cm down into the pavement! moved the bike over a bit and then found a nice piece of Stainless Steal in a triangle form, I bent the edges up to conform to the underseat storage and it fits nice and snug, doesnt rattle and its sturdy. I'll take a pic if i have time tomorrow... i think its a piece of metal shelving.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah that's REAL common around Florida. Come on man, it's Florida. In the Summer. It's like a million degrees around here.

I ***found*** a piece of some metal... erm... thingy right next to a construction site that works wonders for me. Also, when I took the MSF they gave me this big hard plastic coatser thingy that also works. A crushed can will hold you over until you find something (although don't try to re-use it, it just doesn't really work well). Good thing you check on it early.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those home depot plates look pretty cool I'll pick some of those up. The asphalt in my complex is fairly new i think. I haven't had this problem anywhere else today except for my house so.... Not thinking, I stole one of my wifes new coasters and she is PISSED at me!!!!! I'm not getting any tonight I dont think =/

Thanks for the feedback yall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
the stealerships steal enough from us already. we need to rebel and secretly confiscate the coasters the display bikes lean on. WHO'S WITH ME?! we leave tonight and attack in the morning.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts